Not sure if my chocolate shrimp is berried or not

chabbs

At some point I thought I saw some eggs, but at some angles I can't see them as clearly. I'm used to my shrimp having clear bodies. Would any of you agree that she is pregnant?

This is the best photo I've got of her :(

ugKR2eo.jpg

she looks berried to me although sh does have a very thick shell, cant really see any eggs..

although sometimes they get like that just before getting berried or just after releasing a batch.

I had the same dilemma...To solve the problem I purchased a magnified glass & drop some food to the front of the tank & wait .

I also.place the mulberry leaf to the front of the tanks as well...:-)

I forgot to mention that the choc female looks great...Solid dark brown colour & nice thick shell (honcho already stated)... :-)

very nice looking shrimp you got there. I would say she is inclined to be berried or as honcho said just about to get berried

Thanks for the kind words guys :)

I'm going to try and lure her out of hiding and confirm her pregnancy :D

That's really cool dude, she looks berried to me, such a beautiful shrimp, lovely strong colour, well one :victorious:

• HOF Member

She looks berried to me. My chocolate was hard to see as well but the other day she had the light behind her and I could definitely see the eggs . Might be worth a try for you

That's a gorgeous choc cherry...well done mate. To see more clearly, once the light is off, lure it out with food etc....(they tend to venture and move around more anyway), and shine a nice strong light at them. Then you'll be able to see her berry !

Congrats.

Pregnancy confirmed!

I did what Bluebolts and Ineke recommended. I turned off all the lights, left some food in the box and when she appeared, I slowly turned on the lights and could see a few egg-like bundles :D