Yellow/red cherry/fire/painted fire/sakura - I'm confused!

Garnelchen

As the title says: I am a little bit confused what the difference is between all names for cherry shrimp. :dejection:

Are they all different colour variations or are some of the synonyms for the same thing?

And how about Bee shrimp and CRS/CBS? What is the difference? :sour:

Yellow and red cherry are different colour variations.

The others are descriptions of quality and solidity of the colour.

Well, I already figured out that red and yellow are different :D

But which one is the most coloured or least coloured of the different qualities? and how do you identify them?

Isn't there an article in the library on shrimp grades? I'm on my phone using tapatalk so it's hard for me to look up

These two links & pics should help clear it up a bit for you, first one is for cherries & the second one is for CRS :encouragement:

http://www.aquaticquotient.com/forum/showthread.php/74217-Grading-system-of-Cherry-to-Fire-Red-Shrimps

http://www.planetinverts.com/crystal%20red%20shrimp%20grading%20guide.html

crystal_red_shrimp_quick_grading_guide_zps01cf2605.jpg

crystal_red_shrimp_quick_features_guide_zps624122ee.jpg

Oh, thanks for those links. That makes things a lot clearer for me! :encouragement:

Especially the link on the cherries was very interesting. Does the same apply to yellow cherries?

I must admit, that I am a bit disapointed that the CRS that I find pretty (the stripy ones) are considered to be the lower grades.

Oh well, good for me I guess! :)

The yellows are very similar except the painted fire ones I've seen on the interweb have been called Noen Fire Yellows :encouragement:

I like the lower grade CRS too, they look like little candy canes :victorious:

yellow_neon_zps777310ff.jpg

neonfireyellow_zps212a7442.jpg

• HOF Member

How do you choose each type is so beautiful in it's own right. Even the humble Red cherry looks gorgeous regardless of the intensity of red. those Yellows are to die for!!!!

I have to admit I prefer the low grade crystals for their candy cane appearance. And I think its funny in the breeding and development stakes that in the crystals one of the traits trying to be increased is the amount of red with almost no white, while in the cherry shrimp its white or clear with little red. Talk about never happy with what is available LOL.

Wow, Squiggle! The Neon Yellows are beautiful!!!!! They are so....YELLOW!

Yes exactly, I like "Candy Cane Shrimp"

....and the black and white "candy canes" are very stylish too.