Stem Plants in my Benibachi Tanks

Jag Aquatics

Hi Everyone

The other day one of our customers asked me that I know benibachi is best for shrimps but how good plants can grow in benibachi soil..... so thought why not click some shots of my benibachi tanks growing these new plants and in case some one on this forum also have similar question ;). Added plants couple of week's ago and Toranado, pogo already doing very well. Recently got Ludwigia Pantanal so will keep you guys updated on this plant plus many more species will be added including crazy root feeder crinum.

More to come in next few weeks when I setup totally new 4ft tank with only rotala species as stem plants and HC as foreground..... till then enjoy these pics.

Pogo_zps0df25387.jpg

Pantanal_zpsfb8fd8b9.jpg

Tornado_zps0f1f8e5e.jpg

Cheers, Jag

Thanks for sharing. The plant on he 3rd pic (Tornado?) is absolutely stunning ? If & When of have it for sale, please PM me.

Wow dude, they are some stunning looking plants, such vivid colour, awesome work :victorious:

have you seen a significant difference in growth between benibachi and a normal soil ?

yeah i gotta say for HC its not the best. thats just what i think.

Thanks guys. Bluebolt I should have one spare soon' date=' you will have the first one.[/quote']

Yeah, I've finally got 1st dips.....don't tell ninja, or she'll create some bullshit storey why she should get 1st dips ! LOL

Calling Ninja where are you.?????

ineke...shhhh, what are you doing ? Must be her sleeping time !

• HOF Member

Not likely, she will be on the prowl getting ready to pounce like a NINJA

This is the 1st time when I saw and loved the tornado ! Absolutely breath taking !DE4D3C2F-C7E4-4144-80C3-4698A8A106DC-1762-000001A12D02084E.jpg

ineke...shhhh' date=' what are you doing ? Must be her sleeping time ![/quote']

lol not interested in plants that require ferts, anyway not legal to send to WA. I prefer the red ones anyway.

This is the 1st time when I saw and loved the tornado ! Absolutely breath taking!

Its a beautiful plant, what is it? Would be keen to grab a couple of stems of this, love the finery of the leaves. With that surface area

it should be perfect for high oxygenation and processing nitrates.

Ludwigia inclinata tornado...requires high light and lts of CO2.

DOH! That kills that idea, light yes, CO2 no. Bugger!

DOH! That kills that idea' date=' light yes, CO2 no. Bugger![/quote']

KiwiBigD, I think we should stick to our exclusive red plants mate, you and I, they are a perfect background for our exclusive green shrimp, wink wink?

KiwiBigD' date=' I think we should stick to our exclusive red plants mate, you and I, they are a perfect background for our exclusive green shrimp, wink wink?[/quote']

Did someone say green shrimp ? Bhahahahaha