shrimp nets

ineke

• HOF Member

Hi All,

Recently I was given a little extra in a parcel from Dean it was a shrimp net. I had seen them on his store site but thought it's just a net. I am so thrilled with the net the shrimp almost jump in it by themselves -well with a bit of coaxing. I recently emptied my 30 " 100 litre tank and had shrimp of all sizes to catch. I would normally spend hours trying to catch them with a soft net but the shrimp net is small and stiff plus it is white making it easy to see the baby shrimp. So if you have seen them and thought they aren't really worth it take another look.

This morning I found a shrimplet that should have been taken out with its parents but was so tiny it got missed. I got the little shrimp net out and with one scoop I got him , the net is also quite small so easy to get around the plants etc without pulling the tank to pieces. I didn't keep the packaging so not sure of the name but have a look on Dean's or our other sponsors web sites and rethink it. Well worth the money and excellent if you have a small tank too

Cheers

Ineke:encouragement:

I got a pretty cool one from aquakitz which isnt too bad, just wish the handle was longer as i hate getting wet when the tank swims along the tank lol.

definately handy tho. Before i had it i had one of those black square ones which wasnt all that great

• HOF Member

I had drained some water out of the bigger tank so it wasn't an issue but you can always tie it to the other end of a bigger net or use a wooden spoon to tie it to. The beauty of it for me is in the smaller tanks so length of handle isn't an issue but not having to pull the tank apart this morning was a huge plus. I couldn't leave the little one in that tank because it would eventually breed with the shrimp in there and that is just not allowed!!!!:couple_inlove:

Cheers

• HOF Member

The nets are the wild borneo shrimp nets

Cheers

+1 For the Borneo Wild Shrimp Net, absolutely amazing, I have about 20 nets of various sizes & that's the only one i use for shrimp :encouragement:

5-29-12-hilarious-fail-photos2Robber_zps0d093d3e.jpg

• HOF Member
Might have to get me one of these :)

They are really great especially in little tanks, I don't know why the shrimp don't seem so scared of mine, if I use an ordinary net it takes me ages to catch them.