Sign in to follow this  
Dean

BossAquaria. How To Ship Shrimp successfully. 100% Live arrival guarantee

BlueBolts

If the weather is hot, 30+ degrees, I would out a ice pack, but ensure it doesn't directly touch the Kordon bags, and use platinum post instead of express. Unlike European countries, where it freezes, I don't think heat packs are necessary, as the shrimps can withstand cold better then warm.... Just need more patience with acclimatisation.

revolutionhope

I love this thread! Twas a big help for me when i first researched how to ship shrimps.

I wonder what about nighttime temperatures going below freezing? Cherries is one thing but what about bee shrimp? Has anyone had issues shipping bees without a heatpack when minimum temperatures get freezing or even a couple  of degrees lower?

Love n peace

Will

ineke

You can use heat pads as they do for fish

revolutionhope

Thanks ineke. Do you use heatpacks? Which brand / type ?

OzShrimp

I sent shrimp once and took 11 days to get there express post cause it sat on a conveyor at one of their sorting facilities before they found it and nearly all the shrimp were alive lol

• Like 1

Matuva

11 days is still affordable. I have had shrimps coming from the States, via USPS Express, in a 10-12 days range, and I had no DOA. Consider having a 10% loss after they arrive though.

The seller, before shipping the critters, put them apart in a tank where they starved for 48 hours, so they will produce less or no wastes, he adds a drop of Seachem prime in the bag too, some java moss, and you're done

Edited by Matuva

revolutionhope

Someone on shrimpspot suggested using a pinch of purigen/ macropore. But what about shipping to places where it gets below freezing overnight? Do thr packs often sit in an uninsulated warehouse overnight?

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Foxpuppet
Someone on shrimpspot suggested using a pinch of purigen/ macropore. But what about shipping to places where it gets below freezing overnight? Do thr packs often sit in an uninsulated warehouse overnight?

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Perhaps some testing is in order now it's winter. Get a digital thermometer and run the probe into a syrup box and see what the temps end up at overnight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1