Best size for shrimp tanks

lachie1998

whats everyones oppion on the best size for a shrimp tank crs or cherry cause im going to plan some more shrimp setups:triumphant:

the bigger the better i think. i love 4x2x2 as it requires very little maintenance and stays very stable once setup because of volume of water. less margin for error.

and you can always divide it once you get better at selective breeding :)

Well not sure if this helps but my next shrimp setup will be a 150x25x25. Why the retarded size? My desk is 5ft long and 2.5ft wide so i can have a tank + desk space ;)

Regarding tank size, the bigger the better! I think floor area is a big thing for shrimp though.

Thanks guys.

Dean that will be alot of money spent on soil but i was also thinking the same thing that the paramaters will be more stable from the larger water volume.

Loach, thats a nice size tank!. the larger footprint would be great for shrimp cause they just tend to live on the sbustrate. so would be a waste os space using a tall tank.

Haha, i got a quote for that sized tank today and a custom job would be between $150 - $200! For such a small tank, i was shocked at this price!! Ah well, everything costs more in adelaide besides real estate lol.

Im probably still going to get it though :stupid:

make sure your desk can withstand the weight. you can also tell your teacher your shrimp ate your homework! lol

haha lol. Yea, the tank is avout 100L so it will be a bit heavy. I will defenitely construct a support frame underneath the table.