Show us your shrimp space!

Robert

So dean has his shrimp room!

Marcus has two stunner racks!

What have you got!

Love to see the variety of spaces allocated to shrimp.

Here is my shrimp space.

Specs:

60 x 45 x 45 Starfire + 90 x 45 x 35 starfire surrounding my 'study desk. Tanks viewable from 3 faces and the top (open top, relatively low cabinets)

295638_10200258876906456_1469332379_n.jpg

Very nice Robert....great use of space, and love the idea of shrimp tanks surrounding your study area.... I do the same with my work area.... :cheerful:

This is my kit, I'm only allowed a small amount so space so I've made the most of it, mostly custom tanks I've made myself to fit, then I've got most of my male Bettas behind my rack :encouragement:

image-74_zps44ee496d.jpg

Nice set-up squiggle...How many tanks altogther for the shrimps & how many for your bettas?

Thanks Neo, two of the little tanks on the top shelf have yellow cherries, golden bees, red cherries & SS & SSS CRS, there's also a hamburg matten tank on the back with one half for Rillis, the other half has about 50 red halfmoon Bettas in it, the other two small tanks on the top shelf have black bar & red chilli Endlers in them, the 18inch at the front on the second self has Betta Macrostoma & so does the 18inch on the third shelf at the back, the 3ft on the third shelf has about 100 halfmoon Bettas in it, there's also another 18inch on the third shelf with about 50 Betta fry in it, there's a 30cm cube next to the brine shrimp bottles with Betta Chanoides in it, there's also another small tank on the second shelf with imported orange Endlers in it, then the shelves against the wall have. That's the whole setup, oh & I have a 2x18x18 display in the living room with 5 T.duboisi, 16 electric yellows & 2 pictus cats :encouragement:

image-74_zpsd2697fd1.jpg

Mr Squiggle I see a lot of poorly allocated space around the room. Surely a better use would include a dozen more tanks? I mean seriously, that garage looks empty. Nice rack by the way :cheerful:

Lol, I wish, that rack is the only place I'm allowed to put tanks, the financial controller/feng shui consultant won't let me, lol :encouragement:

image-74_zpseacf0930.jpg

Have you tried the 'wear me down' approach? It's a combination of logical argumentation, with a hint of guilt, and a splash of whinging.

Sadly I have & it's brought out some true colours, deal breakers if you will, so as a result I will be moving in the next month or two :dejection:

image-74_zps111f701f.jpg

All good dude, it's all for the best, at least now I can setup a proper system the way I want to, so it's a good thing :encouragement:

image-74_zpsae8696ba.jpg

• HOF Member

Here is my shrimp space where I now spend the majority of my time. Its simple and naive but I love it just need more TANKS. Its so calming even hubby comes and sits in here with us. ( us being me , the shrimp and the dogs)

Cheers

Inekepost-2851-139909850233_thumb.jpgpost-2851-13990985023_thumb.jpgpost-2851-139909850236_thumb.jpgpost-2851-139909850241_thumb.jpgpost-2851-139909850245_thumb.jpg

post-1377-139909849293_thumb.jpg

post-1377-139909849298_thumb.jpg

post-1377-139909849303_thumb.jpg

post-1377-139909849308_thumb.jpg

post-1377-139909849312_thumb.jpg

Looks awesome Ineke, simple & serene, would be so peaceful sitting in there :encouragement:

image-74_zps426182bc.jpg

So sorry to hear mate. I might be right behind you soon..... Rarely do the other halves understand.... Need help moving?

I hear that buddy, on the positive side, I can finally build my shrimp setup I want YAY! I'm sure I'll probably need some help, I'll chat to you about it on Saturday, thanks heaps :encouragement:

image-74_zpsd9387056.jpg

• HOF Member

Hi neo -shrimp not sure if you mean mine but I spend heaps of time in there and love it

Cheers

Ineke

Hey Ineke,

That is exactly what I would love to have. It looks so relaxing. Perfect space for shrimp and people. :applause:

The guys on the other hand seem to like a more functional set up. I like that too.

• HOF Member

Hi Garnelchen

thanks yes it is peaceful and for me very easy to clean the tanks etc as I think a rack will be too high and the bottom too low for me. Just need to put 1 more tank in there somewhere!!!!

Cheers

Ineke:encouragement:

...and this is my shrimp space (still shrimpless though)

537249_10200871933707686_634969907_n.jpg

Yes, and look at all the bench space. I could easily fit another couple of tanks there.:D

• HOF Member

A whole bank of them would look impressive. I love the cubes they look so neat but mine are only 20 litres and would like slightly larger ones.

Cheers

Ineke:encouragement: