moss with bubbles in it

ineke

• HOF Member

Hi I have some subwassertang ( query spelling) tied on to a bit of golden cane high up in the tank and for the first time I have noticed there are air bubbles all over it. Is that OK. I know photosynthesis creates oxygen but haven't seen this before. It's in with my newly berried yellow and don't want any problems.

Cheers

Ineke:encouragement:

It's called "pearling" & it's a very good sign, it means you plants are over producing oxygen & photosynthesizing like crazy, well done :encouragement:

image-74_zps03273c57.jpg

• HOF Member

Excellent thank you at last seems like I'm doing something right!!!! that tank must be happy and healthy. I was going to close it down to put the Benibachi soil in it and make it my CRS tank ! Better pick another tank I think!!!!:congratulatory:

You can also get bubbles if it is catching/trapping all the rising mini bubbles from a filter,airstone, surface water agitation. Just thought id mention it in case.

• HOF Member

Thanks CNgo It's not too close to the sponge filter releasing bubbles but I do have quite a bit of surface agitation but as long as it is not detrimental to my shrimp I'm happy!:encouragement:

I wouldn't worry too much about rearranging the tank, the plants will definitely do it again, I'd just change the substrate anyway, if you got the Subwassertang to pearl once you'll do it again :encouragement:

image-74_zps914ddcb3.jpg

• HOF Member

It's also the Yellow Cherry tank and that would mean changing them to a different tank- I can get the WP's the same so I guess she won't get too worried if I acclimatise her very slowly . The tank I want to put her in was going to be for the Rilis but as they don't seem to be coming I could put her there- it has a deep black silica chip substrate which might show off her colour better too!

Cheers

Ineke

If the yellow girl is in there then I'd leave her alone, you don't want to stress her out to much in her condition :encouragement:

image-74_zpsc3a41241.jpg

• HOF Member

yes that's what I was thinking but wasn't sure, I will change the other tank to the CRS with Benibachi soil because it is empty and then when it has had a couple of days to settle I will put the CRS in there and put the nice black substrate in the cube waiting for???????

Cheers

my sub always seems to have little bubbles trapped under it, never had problems with mine so dont think theres anything to worry about

• HOF Member
my sub always seems to have little bubbles trapped under it' date=' never had problems with mine so dont think theres anything to worry about[/quote']

Thanks for that I just never noticed it before.

Cheers

• HOF Member
It won't be pearling if you are not using CO2' date=' might be just harmless bubbles.[/quote']

Not using CO2 but all the plants look healthy and the shrimps are breeding so hopefully all good! Thanks HexaD

Cheers