Random wild plant shots

northboy

Hi All

As I have not taken a camera into the field of late because we have FINALY had some rain. I though I would put up some plant shots, all the plants are growing in the wild up here.

I trust you will like them and I will name what I can remember.

A to be named moss

Harveycrunderwater007.jpg

Same Moss

Harveycrunderwater093.jpg

The next two are Fresh water sea weed

Harveycrunderwater004.jpgHarveycrunderwater011.jpg

Minni Pellia

HarveyckMOSS016.jpg

Moss?

HarveyckMOSS042.jpg

H. tripartita

Shopplantcreeksnails050-1.jpg

A plant LOL

Shopplantcreeksnails010.jpgShopplantcreeksnails010.jpgShopplantcreeksnails027.jpgShopplantcreeksnails038.jpg

More to come

OOPS my bad I doubled up and the first photo is Mini Pellia in the middle surrounded by Moss

Shopplantcreeksnails051.jpg1stcapecollectingtrip016.jpgShopplantcreeksnails051.jpgBertyhaugh014.jpg

There is some more but its dinner time LOL

Bob

• Like 1

What is that Last one?! It looks amazing! How would a forum member go about acquiring any of the above? :O

Thats awesome Bob, I love the freshwater seaweed and the first moss. Is Dr. Andy working on an ID for it?

What is that Last one?! It looks amazing! How would a forum member go about acquiring any of the above? :O

Looks like a eriocaulom cinereum ? .... Some sort of Erio.

Love those mosses .... Thanks for the pics Bob, more please...

Great pictures Bob, and the last plant looks great too, almost like a submerged grass tree.

John, try Jeff at Liverpool ck one of our sponsors and BB is right its a Erio

Ben, yep Doc Andi will be doing the ID and she is doing a book on the Mosses and relatives from the wet tropics, I am providing some photos of mosses in the creeks.

Bob

Wow bob these shots are awesome, love the half underwater shot. I've got a waterproof point and shoot camera and can never get it to come up that clear.

That pellia is so lush!!

Awesome shots dude, love the mosses & that last one looks like an underwater bl**k boy, woops, can't call them that anymore, I think it's desert grass now, correct me if I'm wrong :encouragement:

image-74_zpsd69c2846.jpg

The last plant is a eriocaulon of some sort, I found a realy nice small one a few weeks back but don't know where I put it? it will turn up.

Point and shoot camers take out to there max mega pixels, that way you can crop it down if you don't like it and if it has a light adjuster on it us it at various settings, About one in 50 shots turns out usable, I mostly do under water video in fresh water.

I will put all my video gear together one day and take a photo to put up here and i will do the same with my water test equipment.

Bob

OH meant to say there is a moss app coming, it is on the whole family of them from the wet tropics, it is for tablets not that that means much to me but when it is ready I will yell.

I am providing some high res photos for it.

Bob

Those are nice ferns, I love those ones on the 2nd photo. Any chance you want to share them so we can propagate them. Cheers

Ace

cool photo's mate,

any idea what the one on the right is in this pic and whether it would do alright in low light? I really like the look of it.

CrystalCascades052.jpg

I think that one is Mini Bolbitis grown under water, I have a nice big clump growing out of water I can split up.

One of those ferns grows like the big Bolbitis, realy nice

Bob