Ditch State Sub Forums in Buy & Sell

JohnH

Do we really need the State sub forums in the Buy & Sell section? A lot of what people sell gets posted and if an item is too big to post, then the seller can list it as pick up only. All the State sub forums seem to achieve is to bury posts if you are just browsing you have to browse each state.

It would be much easier if all the posts were under the one forum.

Ive thought the same thing, most of the time we get shrimps and plants posted. Maybe all the stuff that can be posted goes into one bbs section but with [VIC] [NSW] in the title for anyone that wants to go pick up.

I thought that pick up could state it in the title with postcode or something.

We should have 1 sub forum for Postage included, and 1 sub forum for pick ups, and before each thread title in "Pick ups" The State should be stated

I agree. It would be much easier to quickly review what is being sold each day if it is all on one page. 90% of stuff sold would be posted Australia wide anyway.

Buy ans sell.

Do we really need the State sub forums in the Buy & Sell section? A lot of what people sell gets posted and if an item is too big to post, then the seller can list it as pick up only. All the State sub forums seem to achieve is to bury posts if you are just browsing you have to browse each state. It would be much easier if all the posts were under the one forum.
I also agree, put em all together?

+1, Postage & Packaging is perhaps the norm and offered 90%.....items/livestock that are not, just needs to be mentioned, and/or alternative arrangements made.

I recently purchased some shrimps that the seller was in-experienced/unaware of the protocol, but got a mate/SKF member to pick up and send to me.....so there are alternatives if the item is really wanted by the buyer.

I agree.

It should just be simple. Maybe when doing a for sale thread. There should be options as in to pick state & then if it is a FS or WTB and then the heading and description so it generates the same template for everyone.

Example: [state] [FS/WTB] CRS Shrimp

OK OK your a tough bunch to keep happy :)

ill try and change it all in the next few days when i get time.

so to be clear you all want just 1 page for all sales Australia wide???

you also want a prefix added for "pickup" sales only?

+1 I did find it a bit frustrating having to go through all the states when I knew most members posted. So great idea!

Yep 1 page for all of Aust. Not fussed about the prefix as someone might have stuff they can post as well as a larger pick up only item.

Agreed, that would really make it easy to view in a snap shot ! Thanks Dean...kinda nice giving you some homework for the week. LOL. The forum thank you !

Maybe add a emoticon that is of a little envelope to the existing list of thumbs up, down, exclamation points etc that you can choose from when you start a thread.

Those that haven't got a little envelope just assume are pick up only. adding the start in each title will help too for both pick up and post

• HOF Member

Wow Dean you are a quick worker. Thank you for a job well done- just what we asked for YOU DA MAN:applause::applause::cheerful:

Cheers

Ineke