Gush fluidizers

Ziek

Hey has anyone got any info on the gush fluidizers? Found them on the gush website and a singapore/Vietnam online store that sells them but no info about them. They look real compact from the pics ive seen.

They are a replacement of airstone. Really good way to get air in the water, no were near as effective as an oxidator as that's pure oxygen but not a bad baby step, in that direction. And they look fancy :)

Is that all they are? all the stuff ppl are saying about them on overseas forums that I've found today is that there like fluid bed filters but if all they are is a replacement for an airstone there not worth the price

Oh wait sorry my bad my really really bad lol

I saw the picture as a thumb nail, that deffinately not what they are, sorry I should probably look more carefully before I make an ass of myself. The second pic looked like the bell thingy that nag does. I'll look when I get back home what my one is called. Sorry :(

Ahh lol. There's still not very much info on the gush things like what size tanks are they suitable for or what they definitely do, only that someone said that they were like a fluid bed filter but I'm unsure where they got that from as any of the websites that sell it have no info on them at all

It kind of looks like a reactor. Just with smaller balls. Does it say what gass goes in?

Nope nothing really there's three different ones 2 run off air pump and 1 off a canister filter that's all they say. Bit silly of the company to not put up any info on the items they make

As far as I know they meant to absorb no2 no3 or all those bad stuff for fish or shrimp. I've seen it in Japan site many time but I don't see many people use it..

That's my thoughts when I first saw them but wasn't sure. Now I've been looking for something a little more refined that the DIY K1 reactors which look a little ugly and I have no idea how to make haha. So when I saw these devices I was like ooo this might be for me but there was no info on them at all just that some run off air pumps and one runs off a canister filter

If that's what they are as long as the media in the chamber tumbles they would both be reasonably effective, the question is how effective.

Having said that do u have hi nitrate problems?

Not that I'm aware of but I've only got a 30L aquarium atm so anything that can help with nitrates is a plus. I'm looking into setting up a shrimp rack which I'd like to start keeping some more harder shrimp and if these work just as good as the k1 then wouldnt mind using them

If it was planted only I'd say nothing beats a solid water change weekly, but will assume its shrimp orientated so a frequent water change may not be as advisable. Hopefully one of the other guys can jump in here as when it comes to nitrates not sure what the protocol with shrimp is, personally I dose kno3 in my planted tank to keep it up (estamative index)

Yeah my tank is all about shrimp, only keep mosses with them. they are only cherries atm but trying to practice at keeping stable WP within a nano environment without having to over do the water changes

If I remember BB has a pretty cool water change regime, I have to have a look if I can find the OP but from memory it was reasonably frequent and as long as ur filter media is good quality ur nitrates should stay down.

If we are lucky he may jump in on this one and be able to save me from rummaging through posts lol

Ziek, no doubt you have done some great research, and seeking alternatives, and the establish a perect setup...great work.

K1 does not reduce nitrates, only ammonia & nitrites, which a efficient biological filter/sump would and should handle. The bacteria that eliminates/reduces nitrates require a unique pressurised environment. Nitrate reduction is best done via filter maintenance, regular WC, and controlled feeding...etc.. Both my breeding racks have a denitrator, and from my previous research and advised received, are the only nitrate reducers besides the other maintenance options mentioned above.

I'm not technically very advance, and perhaps Sajica can elaborate on the denigrators etc, but they do work. My breeding rack No.1 is approx. 240 lt (4 tanks) and house approx. 300 shrimps, with heavy reading and maintains nitrates at >5ppm. I only do approx 5% weekly WC... just to freshen up the water and control my TDS.

I think there's a thread on dentritors, otherwise, I'll write one up.... Hope this helps, and would love any feedback/opinions.

post-24-139909849653_thumb.jpg

alleluia, BB to the rescue lol

P.S nitrate, nitrite ahhh its 1am lol, they all sit in the cycle somewhere lol

post-522-139909848613_thumb.jpg