Canister fittings help with chiller

OzShrimp

I have an Aquis 1250 canister filter and a hailea 500A chiller,

now the issue that i have is the chiller requires 19/25mm hose but my canister filter taps run 16/22 so i sort of need to address this problem.

I have temporarily remove the fastener on the tap which applies pressure to the hose and tap to prevent leaks and in doing so also turned back the outflow to hold the 19/25mm in place temporarily. Now i am thinking to get a hose clamp to apply to it but i dont believe this would be satisfactory in terms or preventing the small leak i am already experiencing.

Last i wanted to know if its possible to get spray bars and what not which fit into the 19/25mm hose as the output from my chiller is just the hose with no ending and its being held inside the tank with packing tape on top lmao.

If someone could provide some tips and advice it would be greatly appreciated as i will have to order anything i need from a city shop to be sent to me :)

Regards,

Shaun

I think Bunnings should have an adaptor in the irrigation isle

I believe they do but they are much more expensive then the online store.

+1 for the adaptor & I'm pretty sure Eheim make a spray bar kit you could use :encouragement:

Set 2 is the spray bar

image-74_zps4f9948e1.jpg

thanks for your replies.

those eheim kits you know anywhere online to buy them? Lets just say bunnings for me is like 3-4 hours away lol ><

is the connector i need the 25MM (1") TO 19MM (3/4") REDUCING JOINER ?

My eheim professional uses 22/16 mm hoses

My JBJ Antartica uses 16/12 mm hoses

I joined these with a nylon spiked hose reducer bought on ebay.

Not sure if they have a size for you.

Good luck.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Nylon-Barbed-Straight-REDUCER-Silicone-Hose-Connector-Fuel-Pipe-Joiner-Water-/140691982567?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var&hash=item20c1e548e7&_uhb=1#ht_1795wt_675

is the connector i need the 25MM (1") TO 19MM (3/4") REDUCING JOINER ?

disregard this derrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr stupid me lol 19 >16 :stupid:

just purchased those connectors and got some hose clamps in case aswell.

now all i need to address is the spray bar issue >

Maybe get two adapters & reduce it back to the normal canister hose size after the chiller :encouragement:

yeah thats what iam thinking i am gonna do :) got two ordered now :)

fingers crossed that the hose dont fall out of my tank during the night or i be getting up to an empty tank

You're on the right track taping it, might want to have the lids resting on it too as a back up :encouragement:

the dalbarb lids i have are 3/4 glass then black plastic slid onto the rear so can cut it for hoses and what not if required so not too good in the weight department :(

my fittings final came from dural irrigation, i am very impressed. Did the job nicely but would definately recommend hose clamps aswell with their connectors.

Had to stick my thumb in the chiller hose to prevent it spilling everywhere and in doing so managed to hose my fiancee in the process lol.

Stupid me didnt turn the chiller off and started smelling a burning smell thankfully still works or $540 out the window >