Chameleon Shrimp

megaebiedk911

Thought I'd throw up a couple of pics of my chameleon shrimp. Love these little guys and the colours they display.

8475089412_18ae9cc47e_c.jpg8475058348_30619c294f_c.jpg

Wow, they're gorgeous. Really considering setting up an exclusive native ONLY tank....can they be bred in tank conditions ? I need to educate myself with our natives ... Bob ? LOL

These guys are breeding well in my communal shrimp tank. ph 6.6, GH 5, Am 0, Nitrite 0, Nitrate <5ppm, TDS 240 (need to do a water change should be around 180-200)

Here the highest contrast pattern I've seen on them. Almost jet black body with almost white stripe, sorry about the pic quality.

8234236204_ee984d56ce_c.jpg

Nice pics of the chameleon shrimps megaebiedk911...Have a few Chameleons myself but I only get a glimpse of them now and then...They're always hiding in the shadows and hardly out in the open...(Colours & patterns vary between them - great)...Very shy & low key shrimps...CJ

Nice photos, Boy OH boy they can vary in colour and pattern. Keeps you guessing. Have you had the Grey stripped ones yet? I only recently seen this phase!

Even when you catch them in the wild you can have a net full of different shrimp that are realy all the same, some times they will also all have the same pattern.

BB yep they come off the tail as a fully developed shrimp, they are small though and if you keep them in a species tank with lots of cover you get a good survival rate.

BOB

Nice photos' date=' Boy OH boy they can vary in colour and pattern. Keeps you guessing. Have you had the Grey stripped ones yet? I only recently seen this phase!

Even when you catch them in the wild you can have a net full of different shrimp that are realy all the same, some times they will also all have the same pattern.

BB yep they come off the tail as a fully developed shrimp, they are small though and if you keep them in a species tank with lots of cover you get a good survival rate.

BOB[/quote']

I've seen a few weird and wonderful coloration's but I think I need to get some more colour in my tank so they have more variety in coloration. What natives are you breeding at the moment bob ? Do you have any pics of your setup, I'd love to have a peek !

My set up is scattered in 3 places at them moment, until I build at the place we just bought anyway, the only things I keep at home are the fish I take to market and the shrimp, crabs and fish about to be shipped to Wholesalers, but rest assured when I start to build you lot will be sick of the photos LOL

I have a few shrimp on the go but lost lots in the heat wave we had a few week ago.

Bob

I have some of these guys on order. I'm going to see if they can disguise themselves in with my yellow cherries. :tears_of_joy:

Now mine have settled a bit in the tank, I have a few with this colour and pattern

P2240265_zps2ec80916.jpg

Then there are some that are redish with a pale stripe down their back

P2220229_zpsfe7c3d1d.jpg