Trying something new.....again!!

DG17

Hi all,

I've been keeping tanks since I was about 18 with all different things (snakes included)

I've had/bred discus, Apistos and L number Plecos in the past till I decided to give it all up for a 6x2x2 custom without lids for an aquascape, i originally only kept 10 Altum angels in it till I decided I would go all out and only kept CRS in it with all the plants(yep a big playground for them all)

after getting over all the up keep of trimming a 6ft full of hc and stem plants I sold everything to keep a colony of WC Moba frontosa then had the frontosa bug and purchased another 3 6x2x2 and kept 4 different variants of WC frontosa variants.

Now here I am sold all my frotosa colonies and my tanks to go back to CRS....again, hopefully moving onto TB once I learn more!

im currently setting up 6 2x1x1.5 tanks for shrimp! And am here for everyone's knowledge!!

thanks.

Welcome to SKF. Sounds like you've got a wealth of information. Tank set-up is critical for TB's. The variants of cherries, and the availability of TB's, Tigers ...etc has created such a great interest in ALL things shrimps. Please do post some pics....keen to see you setup.

Yay another local, not so far from me. Welcome to the forum and you are certainly at the right place if it is knowledge you seek. I have learnt so much since I have joined. I totally recommend you pay the $12.50 to get access to all areas, money well spent as you will get access to the classifieds where top quality, well priced shrimp are sold and even given away!

Yay another local' date=' not so far from me. Welcome to the forum and you are certainly at the right place if it is knowledge you seek. I have learnt so much since I have joined. I totally recommend you pay the $12.50 to get access to all areas, money well spent as you will get access to the classifieds where top quality, well priced shrimp are sold and even given away![/quote']

Awesome!

Def will do that!!

Will post pics as I get everything together! Making up the stand this weekend and picking up all the drilled tanks this weekend also!

My RO filter is all set up and ready for water!

just waiting for my 6 sponge filters and bottles to make my own moving media filters but also running a sump with chiller and uv! (You can never be to safe from what I've read)

ill post pics of my process!

thanks for all the welcomes guys

Welcome to SKFDG17...This forum is packed with info and can seek advice from our friendly & knowledgeable members...CJ

Rather enjoying the structure of this forum, I've been on other forums when it's come to other hobbies and it feels like everyone is just trying to out do each other but here i feel very welcomed.

Thanks peeps and ill def be racking everyone's brains as I come to speed humps in my new hobby!

Ps where or how or what procedure do i take to get full access ?

Thanks

Great work DG17, appears you've done some great research, and covered most of the critical basics. The substrate/mineral powder is important, depending on the type of shrimps you intend keeping/breeding.

The link for the premium membership is

http://www.shrimpkeepersforum.com/forum/payments.php

Looking fwd to the pic and setup ..... happy & fun days ahead !

Great work DG17' date=' appears you've done some great research, and covered most of the critical basics. The substrate/mineral powder is important, depending on the type of shrimps you intend keeping/breeding.

The link for the premium membership is

[url']http://www.shrimpkeepersforum.com/forum/payments.php

Looking fwd to the pic and setup ..... happy & fun days ahead !

I've been informed to get Benibachi with an 8-10 cm bed for what I want to keep!

Using salty shrimp gh+ for the RO/DI water

I plan on keeping TB, blue bolts, king Kongs, pandas and so forth!

Any advice would be appreciated!

I used that link and it's telling I can't subscribe to anything!!

Thanks!

As soon as all is set up and running ill be flooding this place with pics!!

Just collecting all the equipment and hardware so to speak! The amount of substrate to make a thick bed in what pretty much is a 6x2 worth of ground cover is going to drain my pocket a little!

I've been informed to get Benibachi with an 8-10 cm bed for what I want to keep!

Using salty shrimp gh+ for the RO/DI water

I plan on keeping TB' date=' blue bolts, king Kongs, pandas and so forth!

Any advice would be appreciated!

I used that link and it's telling I can't subscribe to anything!!

Thanks![/quote']

Sounds like you've received great advise. Do budget for a chiller and UV, and lots of filtration. Spronkle mineral powder on the base of your tank too before the substrate. All my TB tanks have between 70-90mm of benibachi soil.

Are the tanks you're setting up 2x1x1.5 in feet or m ?

Perhaps one of the mods can assist with the subscription.

Hi bluebolts,

Will take on your advice with miner powder under the Benibachi, thanks for the tip. Any in particular?

The tanks are in ft not meters although a 2x1x1.5 m tank full of shrimp would be nuts.

will hit up the mods for sure about subscription!

thanks.

Will take on your advice with miner powder under the Benibachi' date=' thanks for the tip. Any in particular?[/quote']

I use the benibachi mineral powder. Our forum sponsors sells them too. Goes hand in hand with the benibachi soil ..:-)

Hi Mate, well done, I hope you get the shrimp bug real bad and don't end up selling them for something else, Enjoy our forum SKF