for Gbang

fish4fish3

in the garage today and guess what I saw? well i'll show you.

http://youtu.be/E71k6vl7beo

this is was one of the possible blue tails... definately a blue tail just female.

there is another one holding that is blue tail and guessing a yellow tail bringing to a total of 3 holding.

I'm so happy I nearly cried! :sorrow: they're just so beautiful! :barbershop_quartet_

Thought I might share this too

http://youtu.be/xN18j1W0Gt8

OMGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so many blue tails!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:congratulatory:

please sell to me when you are readay :triumphant:

• 1 month later...

so the first of the fry are coming out... number 10 is an alino! clear, clear and no eye pigments nothing its just clear WTF?

Now I never seen anything like this and im so looking forward to what else will come from this female cause this guy had just slipped out from the female with a gob so full she just couldn't keep it in!

small1405.jpg

Unless it has pink pigment in the eye it isn't albino, more likely a case of amelananism (no pigments in the tissue). These guys often are a bit more fragile than normal fry so best of luck raising it mate. Awesome fish.

Lol... Ill be putting you down for the blue tails Gbang. Ill let you know when they're ready. ATM have 15 and should have around 30 by the end of the week to be ready in. 3 months or so.

anyway they are albinos after checking the eye and finding another today from the same mother. Have a sneaky suspicion it is from the fathers side as another female holding appears to have a white one in her throat too... It's either albino or dead... Leaning towards albino.

• 2 weeks later...

So I have added 2x 3ft tanks to my IBC system. The purpose for these tank is for holding females and raising enamptious melanogeny fry. I don't know how many people have tried to keep and breed this species but they are very sensitive to changes in water parameters. Since these tanks are connected directly to the IBC system where they live I can just catch the holding females and drop them into the tank without screwing around for hours climitising them.

Anyway I got these tanks from Fishmosy and had built a new stand to give myself better access to the tanks as there was little clearance over the tops. Another thing I had done was run the returns seperate back to the sump.

Here is a shot of the tanks.

small1411.jpg

And this is why I added it to this thread... 3 cyp females holding... Current residents

small1414.jpg

And in the top tank are all my cyp fry (there is 38 so far... I know it doesn't look it )

small1422.jpg

Have 1 more tank to fit a filter and pump to and will do a short film/ virtual tour through my fishroom to show all.

thanks guys for your positive feedback, really gives encouragement to improve and show more.

Great stand mate, I had a double take thinking they weren't my old tanks! Look nice and clean, far better than when I had them. Great to see them put to good use. Any melanogenys holding yet?

Wow, that's a serious setup, well done....hope they realise how lucky they are.

They had a good razoring and I think the simplicity of the stand makes them look a lot better. They still have a lot of calcium marks though.

just brought the temp out of the red zone... Was 22oC and now back at 26oC so should see some shiners breeding again soon... Fingers crossed anyway. Ill see how they react to the temp change before I do a decent water change and trigger them that way.