Hello

JonX

Hello JonX,

welcome to SKF! Im a newbie here as well so just been spending my time browsing the forum.

So far, its been a great read.

Okay, I joined this forum to look for more shrimp to buy and to learn more. I am on the other forum known as Jonny Dexter.

Ive been an active member on the other forum but just am shocked, ashamed and embarrassed after reading the threads 'funny', the fake marimo ball and learning from here that 'the whiz' got banned for trying to get a fair go, and also about the multiple user names of moderators and admin selling poor quality shrimp and ripping people off. Its a disgrace.

Also the fake red wine competition was an embarssment.

So because of this I want to jump ship

I hope you guys will accept me in this forum.

G'Day JonX, Thanks for your honest approach. SKF rocks, as we REALLy do have genuine hobbyist here, with the vested interest of our hobby and members.....unfortunately, there are numerous un-truths, but ALL post/threads here are genuine, otherwise I'm sure the mods will delete and kick the guilty out ! The close forum is to restrict undesirables, and attract true hobbyist.

Welcome again, and I have no doubt you'll make up your mind quickly on the integrity of this forum, it's members and all that it has to offer.:)

Welcome johnny, so glad to see you here mate. i have no doubts you will see that we are the true hobbyist first forum ;)

Thanks for the welcomes. I hope to learn and contribute on this forum.

I currently have 2 tanks.

First is a 2ft divided tank into 3 sections. This has been running for 1 month now.

1st division yellow cherries and snow whites

2nd division high grade crystal red shrimp

3rd division crystal black shrimp

I also have natives in each of these sections to help with the algae.

My other tank is a 30cm cube which used to house all the above shrimp. I have had the shrimp since juvies and they should be up to breeding size hopefully in 1 month. Only the yellow cherries have grown up and bred so far. I might transfer all the yellow cherries into the 30cm cube so they don't disturb the snow whites.

My plans so far is to have a tank densely populated with shrimp that I have bred myself.

Cheers.

Hi Jonx All the info you need is here at SKF just ask away. ENJOY!

Welcome to SKF JonX...Thanks for sharing the video on your tanks...Very interesting how you used some kind of mesh for dividers...CJ