JAVA MOSS declared a "WEED"

fish4fish3

• HOF Member

I am quickly learning that the "unspoken" type moss is not popular with a lot of people. I promise to try and keep it out of my 2 new tanks!!!

Can't say I'm a big fan of Java Moss either & for me, Duck Weed is my most hated plant, took me four years to completely get rid of it from my 4x2x2 & I bought one Tiger Lotus & it had one tiny piece of duck weed on it & another four years to get rid of it, aaarrrgggghhhhh!

@ ineke, GH is General Hardness, KH is Carbonate Hardness & TDS is Total Disolved Solids. General hardness is how much calcium & magnesium is in the water(I believe in shrimp this help with the exoskeleton) Carbonater hardnes is the amount of carbonate & biocarbonate in the water(this help keep your ph stable) & I'm still learning about TDS myself so hopefully another member can elaborate on this one for us :encouragement:

• HOF Member

Thanks Squiggle I know my PH is stable at 7.4 it comes out of the tap at that (I did test it) and has remained stable in my community tank since the day before xmas and in my shrimp tank for 4 weeks now. I may have to look into some more test kits if it is deemed a necessity . But after my last spend I think I better wait a few more weeks or hubby might have something to say!!!:)