Anyone Jealous!!!!

wayne6442

Well everyone, It's time for you all to be jealous, I am off to Cairns on the 21st of March to pay a visit to our resident naturalist Bob. Yes I took the bull by the horns and made a booking on the Sunlander ( first class mind you :encouragement: 31 hour trip) without asking Bob. I then sent him an email suggesting that maybe we could meet up. Bob immediately kindly asked me to stay with him and his wife. Bob has also come up with the following itinerary:- Day one Saturday, Leave home around 6.30 am, going to Tully to look for Zebra Shrimp. Leave Tully around 1pm arriving at the Johnston River, Launch his tinny and collect C. gracillirostris, C. indistincta,C serratirostris, Pipe fish and many other native fish, home for dinner then weather permitting spot lighting at Mt Baldy for Mammals and reptiles. Day Two Sunday, leave home around 8.00am going to some urban creeks in Cairns to collect C.typhus and Riffle shrimp. Leave around 10am for the Barron river and if the tide is right collect Snails. Depart the Barron around midday for Kuranda to collect Parata and high land Riffles. Home for dinner and then to Mowbray to collect more snails. Day Three Monday Atherton table lands to collect 3 species of shrimp and have a look around, Back by late afternoon to rest and dinner( My Shout) Tuesday Morning Board the Sunlander at 9 am arriving back in Brisbane Wednesday afternoon around 4pm and then home to the Gold Coast. I hope with a nice collection of shrimp , snails, and fish to add to my collection THANKS BOB FOR YOUR KINDNESS Regards Wayne PS , you can bet your last $$$$ that there will be a couple of blue eyes mixed up in my collection, love the little guy's.

Not sure what's happened to the itinerary. I don't see any mention of collecting Rainbows or Cairnsicthys on the list.....

VERY jealous indeed, sounds like an amazing trip, a trip I'd would love to do. Good luck with finding some amazing shrimp and snails.

Bob your a very generous guy indeed, If you ever need a place to stay in Brisbane for any reason don't hesitate to ask.

Very jelous, but I am hoping to head up to Cairns in April.

@Wayne Pffft that's nothing, why would anyone be jealous of that? Damn you Wayne!!! LOL! If you collect any extras let me know..hehehe! AND so lucky to have Bob as a personal tour guide!

Definantly lucky to have Bob take you around, especially to see zebra shrimp in the wild...I love them. And as for all the other stuff spot lighting I hope you get to see a striped possom I have always wanted to see one of them in the flesh, you may even spy some tree kangaroos! And then to add to all that the chance of getting some nice snails and fresh water pipe fish....well that's just the icing on a very large cake.

Good on you Bob offering such a diverse expedition into your area :)

Open to any one, cant always put people up and if you come up on the third week end I don't work that one (3 days a month off)

Striped Possums are out of the box and we usually see Tree roos at Baldy, a typical nights spotting there we will see up to 8 species of Possums and up to 80 individuals and now it has rained Leaf tail Geckos and frogs galore.

OH and you have to like Dogs staying at my place as my two rule the house, a Jack Russel and Mini Foxy and they are not spoilt much.

Bob

Nah not jealous.

-kicks Wayne in the knee and runs off really fast-

LoL !

Dogs, ha have two of them to go with my zoo LOL.

My dogs are a tad bigger being a cattle x staffy and a pure (old style) staffy.

wow....

that sounds like an amazing time...you will definantely have some fun :D

and good onya bob thats really good of you... you rock...!

ps i love all reptiles but especially geckos make sure u take pics of a leaf tail for me if u see one ...