Howdy

Smithers

Hey guys n gals

Been into all types of fishkeeping from breeding Koi, Cichlids, Trops n Cold water species.

Am yet to keep shrimp but have bred crawfish before.

Looking forward to learning about these kool critters that are becoming all the rage of late.

Regards,

Welcome smithers you have definatly come to the right place for learning what ever it is you want to know just ask away plenty of knowledgable people here always willing to help :)

Cheers Bailey88

Was wondering how do i search the forums for info and eye candy? Seems i can only see the introduction threads?

I'd like to learn quickly from reading previous posts rather than ask dozens of Q's that have already been answered.

I'll be getting my tank within the next month.

Welcome to the forum mate. To access the rest of the regular forum you'll need to keep posting. Alternatively premium membership will allow you to access the whole forum, including the classifieds and library.

Cheers Fishmosy,

I get the idea of participating but don't want to flood the site with posts just to be able to read informative posts on shrimp care. Thanks for the headsup might have to look into sub'n here. I like to take n share lots of pics so you'll get a few when the tanks up n running.

Regards,

Hi and welcome i am only new here aswell but as fishmosy has said more postings and things will start to open up for you and PLENTY of informative info for you.

I will be getting membership as soon as some money clears in the bank :(

Thanks CCA001 :)

Solved the issue and got a years subscription :)

Thanks for the help peeps.

Regards,

Great work Smithers. Welcome to SKF' date=' and looking forward to the pics.[/quote']

Cheers Bluebolts,

Here's a small tank I had on the kitchen bench a couple of yrs agopost-538-139909858976_thumb.jpg

This one below was a 1800mm tank that I was reluctant to fill in the old place as the flooring was a bit iffy. So I filled it with rubber fish suspended with nylon. Easily maintained tank.

post-24-139909858981_thumb.jpg

post-1108-139909847315_thumb.jpg

post-1108-13990984732_thumb.jpg

Welcome to the shrimp forum SKF ENJOY!

Welcome to SKF Smithers..Just a word of warning shrimp keeping/breeding is addictive...CJ

• 2 months later...

Hello again, finally I Have set up my 40ltr tank and it's cycling atm. I got 4kilo of Fluval Stratum substrate and a few java's n moss with lava rock. Any suggestions please fire away as not have any shrimp as yet in there.

Is there anyone here who breeds and has spare shrimp to sell in ACT?

There's nothing in the lfs here and have to order in.

I'm after some nice sharp colour and banding Crystal Reds. Was going to trial local shrimp from lake but want bright colour against the dark gravel rock and background

=

post-12-139909860367_thumb.jpg

post-1108-139909849289_thumb.jpg

Welcome to the forum Smithers, love the butterfly veil tail & the rubber fish made me giggle, nice work, hope you get the pics sorted :encouragement:

image-74_zpsb1720ab3.jpg

post-12-139909860369_thumb.jpg

Update on tank.

Will be getting SS CRS next week. Here's the tank a month later after earlier pic.

Couldn't add pics, think I worked it out though ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Updated tank shot, Oto + Subwassertang I finally got at the local fish keepers club meeting, my 1st one 27yrs :/

post-3072-13990985092_thumb.jpgpost-1938-139909850923_thumb.jpgpost-277-139909850928_thumb.jpg

post-1108-139909849837_thumb.jpg

post-1108-139909849839_thumb.jpg

post-1108-139909849841_thumb.jpg

Wow, plants growing and filling up very nicely. How'd you go with the SS CRS. What's your WP in the tank now ?

Wow' date=' plants growing and filling up very nicely. How'd you go with the SS CRS. What's your WP in the tank now ?[/quote']

Hey BB Happy with how things are going since I've not had a planted tank before where the plants grew, only had a planted tank for a short time then moved and had to get rid of it. Think the fluval stratum substrate and flourish has helped.

The shrimp are coming next week, a few more sleeps to go :P

Here's WP's of last night

pH: = 6.0

NH3/NH4+ = 0

Nitrate = 0

Nitrite = 0

GH = 4

KH = 1

Better late then never but welcoem to SKF :)

nice looking tank you got

Cheers OzShrimp, Thanks.