Sign in to follow this  
Thegiftlady

Welcome Thegiftlady

Thegiftlady

Shrimp Keepers Forum welcomes Thegiftlady.

Please feel free to browse around and get to know others. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

View Member

regards,
skfadmin

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Must Read SKF Articles

• Register today, ask questions and share your shrimp and fish tank experiences with us!

Join Our Community!

• sdlTBfanUK
      Hopefully you are at the end of your spending spree? Though with setting up the tank in the near future, with new substrate and changing the water that is going into it you should probably get some water test kits, if you don't already have them? I imagine they can be got from any local aquarium place out there, but again, buying the full kit, Ammonia, Nitrite, Nitrate, Gh, Kh, Ph may be a bit costly when you get them all at the same time. You will get the TDS meter with the zerowater jug of coarse. Simon
    • kms
      agreed. I used to live in the UK, and these stuff, are restricted, because I live with my parents. but now I live in Hong Kong, I work here pay rent everything is money, and Hong Kong is getting expensive.,
    • sdlTBfanUK
      It is all VERY expensive to do it properly when you start ou,t but a lot of the stuff, including food if you don't overfeed, will last a long long time. With my shrimp tank I am just finishing my first bottle of that 'mineral fluid double' (GH+) after about a year, and the same goes for foods though by using a variety, as I do, it means they all last longer if that makes sense and those are all the first lots I got when I started so have done over a year and I haven't yet used half of any of them! I understand what you mean though, my latest project is a Betta, and the tank and setup etc cost more than £300, luckily it isn't an issue for me, but even I kept thinking I must be made to spend all this money for a single fish?? Especially as I have tried Betta before ad failed, miserably?? Anyway, hopefully this time?? In short, it is expensive to set it up properly but then the costs are pretty negligible, I think anyway? Simon
    • kms
      I really spent a lot on this, from fish to shrimps, expensive filter, expensive 12 inch tank, co2, and rest of the equipment, now food and purifier. Either android or apple, using the app to set and forget, if you don't have a smartphone, forget about buying one.
    • sdlTBfanUK
      That looks very interesting and maybe I will consider it, but I am just about getting into the 20th century and way off 21st century. I don't even have a mobile, well, except for a basic one in the cars glove box just in case it breaks down, though I very rarely use the car either. Life is full of compromises and a few powercuts is a small sacrifice to live in a nice home, away from 'normality'? With so many trees around the house it is necessary for the power companies to keep up with maintenance. There is supposed to be another 2 hour power cut on thursday......... Simon