Miscling with KK eggs

BlueBolts

Attempt to post 2 pics, the other, mischling with BB eggs, but she didn't want her pic taken today !

post-206-139909858496_thumb.jpg

post-24-139909858116_thumb.jpg

nice one BB, cant wait to see the other pic when she isnt so camera shy,

hear is one of my mishling girls carrying KK egs. (the blue ones)

post-206-139909858512_thumb.jpg

post-29-139909846948_thumb.jpg

Noob question: do the different breeds of shrimp carry different coloured eggs? I only have red cherries. So I only know of yellow. Lol

@zacsbee89, yes different shrimp have different color eggs :)

so was going through my tanks tonight and found this (F#secret) mishling :)

this is a line i have been working on for over 1 year now.

CRS mishling female with %100 KK eggs :victorious: this is a first for me so as you can imagine i am very rapped with the results...

until now the most i was able to achive was 8-10 eggs :)

post-24-1399098586_thumb.jpg

post-29-139909846999_thumb.jpg

That's amazing Dean...so patience and hardworking does pay off....I gotta remember that ! LOL. Well done !

cheers BB, patients is a thing i have had to learn :)

@trav, quality of quantity will win any day of the week mate, you dont need a million shrimp to achieve good results :)

so from what i have gathered is that a mishling will produce a larger quantity of eggs then a pure strain kk?

so from what i have gathered is that a mishling will produce a larger quantity of eggs then a pure strain kk?

That's not entirely true....depends on the F generation, maturity of female & LUCK.....genetically and theoritically the TB egg numbers are a lot smaller in comparison to CRS/CBS...... plus being more sensitive/demanding, therefore, demanding the higher $...my CRS has produce 30+ shrimplets, whereas my's avg of TB's is approx 8-14...... whether or not from a pure strain or a mischling....

so what will that make the shrimplets? will it make them TB's with CRS genes? or will it make them pure TB's?

So technically its alot easier and less $$$ to start with say 2 mishling females and 1 male TB to start your breeding stock?

yes if you can buy some mishling juvi from a trusted person and wait for them to grow and select the females only to cross with a TB male, you are on your way.

but with the mishlings just remember the higher the "F" (generation) the higher rate of TB off spring :)