Madmerv

Photobucket changes

Madmerv

I'm sure some of you are aware of the changes to Photobucket. All photos that have been linked via photobucket are now not accessible.

They have moved to a paid subscription model to try and extract your hard earned cash. This leaves a lot of the older content, for me anyway, obsolete because as we all know "It didnt happen unless there is a photo". 

A lot of work will be needed to go through and change the old photo's out. Not impressed at all.

ineke

I've just checked a few of my threads and my pictures still seem to be there. I use photo bucket almost exclusively . I haven't noticed an issue YET . My pictures go back to January 2013 on this forum. I guess I will need to find a new app for picture sharing - it was bound to happen eventually .

Madmerv

Yeah i just checked yours and they are good. Wonder why mine are not working then. Are you a paid subscriber to Photobucket?

jayc

If you see any missing photos or pictures from content that I have written ... please let me know.

I'll try to fix it.

ineke

I'm not a paid up member of photobucket - i have been using photobucket for a long time don't know if that makes a difference

Zoidburg

It might depend on how often or how much you link to photos on Photobucket as well...

KillieOrCory

Booo! My photos are all stuffed!

jayc
2 hours ago, KillieOrCory said:

Booo! My photos are all stuffed!

SKFA is now not only for Shrimps. Hence the name change - SKF Aquatics.

So it would be great if we could see more posts from you about your Killies and tanks.

There is a killi page just for killies.

Edited by jayc
  • Like 2

ineke

Now that photobucket requires payment to use our own pictures on 3 rd party sites- like SKF -can anyone suggest another  free photo share app. I take my pictures on my phone mostly but don't use my phone for forums and facebook so I need to be able to get my pictures from my phone or my computer in the case of my DSLR. 

NoGi

When you compare our member subscription rates to photobucket, we are miles ahead ?

Host photos here.

• Like 1

Madmerv

If you host your photo's on SKFA can you link to other forums from here?

I have switched to putting my photo's up on Flickr and have found it to be pretty good once you have worked out how to get around the site. I do not use a phone for photo's so can not say how well it works from mobile devices but from the PC it is good. It is free for now.

NoGi

Yes, as long as it’s posted to a section that’s public (e.g. you can view it without logging in) it will work fine. If I remember correctly, the gallery is all public accessible here. You are only limited by the image quota associated by your membership.

KillieOrCory

Over time I will go through my old posts and repost the images.

Or can create updated posts, you never know! lol

• Like 1