Sign in to follow this  
Mitch91

Getting shrimp tomorrow

Mitch91

Very excited tomorrow I'll be picking up some mid grade rcs (low fire reds) grabbing 20 for my other tank I've had cycling for approx 3 weeks now. Just done water change as I havnt done one since first week in on the cycle. 50% out and replaced with Ro. No nitrites or ammonia, no nitrates And ph of 6.4. This is my second N last tank I have so I'll have to convince my wife that I'll need 2 more tanks now lol. 

My plan for this tank is to cull a lot and put the culls in with my fish and to maintain a decent quality red hopefully one day they will move up to high grade fire reds. 

On another note can someone tell me why my max photo size limit is only 0.03mb now ?

• Like 1

jayc
3 hours ago, Mitch91 said:

I'll have to convince my wife that I'll need 2 more tanks now lol. 

LOL ! Good luck with that.

• Like 1

jc12
4 hours ago, Mitch91 said:

This is my second N last tank I have so I'll have to convince my wife that I'll need 2 more tanks now lol. 

Asking forgiveness is easier than asking permission... just saying. ?

• Like 2

Mitch91
1 hour ago, jc12 said:

Asking forgiveness is easier than asking permission... just saying. 1f61c.png

Haha probably is maybe I should just go out and buy 2 more tanks then make her a coffee before I bring them in the house lol

newbreed
7 minutes ago, Mitch91 said:

Haha probably is maybe I should just go out and buy 2 more tanks then make her a coffee before I bring them in the house lol

This is why I love racks. Now instead of seeking permission for another tank, I say I need another rack. Saves ten arguments in one go!! Lol

• Like 3

Mitch91

Got my red cherrys today a few decent reds most are young but really strong colour for there age so can't wait to see how they turn out, also got a solid fire red female just got to find a good male for her 

• Like 1

NoGi

Nice one, not a bad red to start with.

Mitch91
8 minutes ago, NoGi said:

Nice one, not a bad red to start with.

Yeah I know very solid got a berried one too :D

• Like 2

keego

Getting a berried is always a bonus  ?

Mitch91
4 minutes ago, keego said:

Getting a berried is always a bonus  1f600.png

It sure is can't wait to see the shrimplets lol

Is it okay to add a internal breeder box to select breed 2 of the best looking shrimp?

Mitch91

My red cherry tank will be adding cholla wood shortly.

image.jpeg

And my mishlings tank 

image.jpeg

• Like 1

Mitch91

Just found some baby rcs in my tank :) happy days lol

• Like 2

Shrimp Aqua

Gday Mitch, seems all is going well for you, congrats on the the new shrimplets :cool:?

• Like 1

Mitch91
39 minutes ago, Shrimp Aqua said:

Gday Mitch, seems all is going well for you, congrats on the the new shrimplets :cool:1f601.png

Thanks Garry, Yeah it's going good mate finally got my ph sorted and tanks decked out lol red cherrys are breeding with shrimplets now appearing ??

Mitch91

Another one carrying eggs hell yeah, I was worried my ph was to low for cherrys 6.4 but they seem to be doing great 

image.jpeg

• Like 1

Mitch91

More of an update, my michlings tank I have discovered my golden bee shrimp berried :) extremely excited over this 

neo-2FX

That's super exciting@Mitch91! You'd be surprised how adaptable Cherry's can be. I have my bloody marys in a similar pH and they're breeding like rabbits!

Mitch91
1 hour ago, neo-2FX said:

That's super exciting@Mitch91! You'd be surprised how adaptable Cherry's can be. I have my bloody marys in a similar pH and they're breeding like rabbits!

Yeah it's crazy 

Mitch91

No more eggs in my golden bee :( anyone know why she dropped them?

neo-2FX
No more eggs in my golden bee :( anyone know why she dropped them?

Could be a few things I think.

Did you find a moult with the eggs still in it?

Sometimes their first time is no good. I also find this with breeding fish too. You may find she'll be much more successful next time around [emoji2]

Mitch91
15 hours ago, neo-2FX said:

Could be a few things I think.

Did you find a moult with the eggs still in it?

Sometimes their first time is no good. I also find this with breeding fish too. You may find she'll be much more successful next time around emoji2.png

Nah no molt, I believe it's just because it's her first time she does have one egg still lol, hopefully next time round I'll get more :) 

• Like 1

Mitch91

Got another berried shrimp wooooooo 

• Like 3

Mitch91

Got some cbs today oh yeah moving up in the shrimp world lol

• Like 1

NoGi

Good stuff, keep the pictures coming