Fermentation Shrimp Food 50g

KeenShrimp

Hi guys,

Don't judge this unassuming packet by its plain exterior, it is definitely worth a try...

Being a OCD label-reader, I was attracted to this food for 3 reasons:

1) features legumes and other root vegetables not commonly found in shrimp food

2) is fermented so it includes micro organisms in the food

3) is a really good price for imported food

4) no preservatives

Seller: Aquakitz

Price: $18

Duration of product use: 3 months plus alternate days

Shrimp palatability: High

I have been feeding this food to my CRS, TB, Cherry, GB, Rili and Tiger. My shrimp mostly prefer this over Shirakura Shrimp ball food, Quattro 2 and Lowkeys- I base this claim on the observation that more shrimp fight over the Fermented food than the others I feed alongside it.

Holds shape: reasonably well, does squish apart when moving it with tweezers.

Bonus feature: The pellet is of a consistency of such a nature that you can cut it in half with scissors neatly and it holds its shape if you are looking for tiny portions.

This is my new favourite without having to pay $36 for a food that the shrimp go nuts for :)

image.jpg

• Like 3

I've tried this alongside other products such as shrimp crack and found it is more or less as popular as any other processed shrimp foods I've used. I recommend it as well :-)

How long can the pellet stay in the tank before needing to be removed? Or are your shrimp eating it all up before that's even a question?

Hi NoGi,

I have not been shrimping for very long so I follow the 3-hour feed time limit very strictly. I find that the pellet is soft and squishy when you try to pick it up with forceps it does break apart. It does not cloud the water when I lift my petri dish out with the remainder still inside. I have small colonies, so not sure what the time limit is before it dissolves finely enough to go into the substrate if a dish is not used...maybe someone else has a better answer :)