Good mid water tetra

Sanoptic

Just like to know if there is a good Tetra that swims mostly mid water.I just bought a dozen Neons about a week ago & they just hang around the bottom which is not really what i want .

Would prefer a small tetra as larger types will most likely eat my Cherries.

Thanks

The rasboras galaxy maybe a good option. not 100% sure they're mid level swimmers though ....but they're gerougeous and one ofhe better fish for planted shrimps tanks ...

post-522-139909846933_thumb.jpg

post-24-139909846704_thumb.jpg

I had neons in the past and they always hung around mid water also.

The only time they'd go to the bottom was when they were unhappy. Give them some time to settle in, They are prob just still not comfortable since the move to their new home

The rasboras galaxy maybe a good option. not 100% sure they're mid level swimmers though ....but they're gerougeous and one ofhe better fish for planted shrimps tanks ...

That's a nice looking fish. Are they aggressive towards shrimplets? I don't recall seeing these in any of my LFS.

They're a small fish with a small mouth....so in a planted tank setup, espacially with cherries, the shrimp colony would grow, even if they picked on some of the shrimplets....

A LFS has a display of them with cherries, and looks great !

I have only seen them on the net.... Would love to see them in the flesh... Another good rasbora is hengii... Spelling may be out a little bit....