Sign in to follow this  
majtan.miso

Sulawesi tank M&P

majtan.miso

Hi everybody. So I would like to present our (my and partner) sulawesi tank.

Size:60x30x30cm

Volume: 60l (water 45l)

Substrate: JBL aquabasis, JBL florapol and JBL manado (6cm)

Filtration: JBL e401 with micromac (JBL ceramic balls), seachem matrix and seachem purigen

Secondary filtration:HBL with seachem Denitrate

Lightning: 1x24w T5

Small RGB led stripe

Decorations: Lawa rock 8kg approximatelly

Also some of denitrate and matrix directly in the tank

Flora: Pogostenon erectus, sagitaria subulbata (or something like that), algae ball, singapore moss, cameroon moss, christmass moss and flame moss and surprise surprise hemiatus cuba

Additional: Oxygenator mini, borneo wild mineral balls, mironekuton stone, at sulawesi mineral water conditioner, GlassGarden bacter AE

Food: algae, ebi pro sulawesi, at sulawesi, at tylomelania, sometimes leafs, GlassGarden BetaGlucan

Water: RO water remineralized with salty shrimp sulawesi 8.5

No2/3 = 0

NH 3/4 = 0

Gh and Kh = 7

Ph = around 8.0

250/270 μs

Fauna: 10x Caridina Denerli, 10x Caridina striata, 2x Tylomelania sp. Orange

aec198c68a0f03f22de9c1e96abe1166.jpg6fbdac196e586752da721bc764cb8b28.jpgb8f3d33d601f90a3e1b597aa0ffabb80.jpgd3631c56e200f771698ff61b42dfb5c2.jpg02fe84d0397608ae6c083acef3dee245.jpg

• Like 4

perplex

why HELLO!!!!!

wow i love them! nice work

whats the TDS?

whats this mean? 250/270 μs

Edited by perplex

fishmosy

Wow nice setup, shrimp and snails. thanks for sharing.

NoGi

Very nice

majtan.miso

Thank you guys. TDS is 130ppm. μs is I think german unit for the same value as ppm :)

Disciple

Wow they look great!

majtan.miso

Aaaand another two skins found (dont know eng expression, may be crust)

Matuva
3 hours ago, majtan.miso said:

Aaaand another two skins found (dont know eng expression, may be crust)

say molt ;)

Very very nice shrimps, I love them all, but the balck & yellow is my favorite

majtan.miso

Those are striata "yellow cheek". This genetical trait is less agresive than original striata :)

Grubs
On 9/12/2015, 11:02:12, perplex said:

whats the TDS?

whats this mean? 250/270 μs

µs = slack shorthand for µS/cm which is the units for Electrical Conductivity (EC).  The most common conversion from EC to TDS in salty solutions is  TDS =  0.5 * EC, so in this case 250-270 EC = 125-135 TDS (in ppm)

Great looking snails!

Edited by Grubs
  • Like 4

majtan.miso

Guys is there any replacement for seachem onyx?

OzShrimp

Wow those shrimp are nice, those brown and yellow ones really pop!

majtan.miso

So an update. Whole striata population exterminated due to accident (I tried to sterilize aqua because I tought that leeches are present). No3 rose up to 50. All of that begun with death of one tylomelania. After 3 months I found out that leeches were actually kind of planaria and hydra. After no planaria overdose both planaria and hydra died. Only 5 denerli were still alive but those 5 starts to reproduce recently and youngligs seems to be strong and happy :)

Odoslané z LG-D855 pomocou Tapatalku

I made some changes in tank. Whole soil has been changed. Recently Ive got ground filter connected to external filtratio tetra ex600 plus. Filter is covered by matrix, big size rocks (white) with Onyx (found onyx sand in Poland). Aditives: tourmaline bc and clear carbo from ada, beninachi beemax plus, mironekuton and shirakura, bettaglucan from glassgarden and mosura sea mud. Added chihiros doctor shrimp65db63b0f3e3fbb7013633233ce4b453.jpg

• Like 1

fishmosy

That's a shame about the striata. 

At least your dennerli are coming back. 

Did any tylomelania snails survive? 

majtan.miso

Yep. One adult and one juvenile. New striata will come next month hopefully :)

majtan.miso

97b8cf5f6badbeede6b710b7eb1e3d99.jpg

Daddy with shrimplet :)

• Like 2

anthonyd

Nice sulawesi shrimp. But what you call striata are spinata, there is not such thing as the striata spinata, the striata is a totally different type of sulawesi shrimp, the striata have red and white stripes running the entire length of its body...

• Like 1

majtan.miso

f6e32b526b3cf427614127726da45b35.jpg

Guys can any of you identify this creature? It seems to be hunting but snails and shrimps and even fish seems to ignore it

majtan.miso

Ok so those creatures (probably leaches) has been exterminated finally. For those with same problem overdose whole tank by 3-4 times higher ammount of no planaria. After week at night check your tank for adult creatures and take them out manualy

• Like 1

majtan.miso

c54fb5dab70fdd22dd456f1023329596.jpg

New denerli friends :)

• Like 1

Txjesse

Did the No Planaria have any adverse effects on the dennerli or the Tylomelania? I had the black leeches introduced to my Sulawesi tank with some black spotted tylos. I have been fighting them for months now. I am in U.S.A so it took a while to get no planaria.