Sign in to follow this  
albash

Help - mysterious death

albash

Hi guys,

Please help! I'm encountering some CRS death over few weeks in one of my tanks. I just scoop one this morning (photo 2) and it was very pale.

Tank uses benibachi soil and RO. Put AIL and alder cones.

pH:6.3; Temp: 23C; gH:7; kH: 0, ammonia: 0; nitrite: 15ppm, TDS:125

I feed glasgarten bacter AE, glasgarten immunoglutan, shrimpydaddy's sinewy, shirakura and benibachi baby food

Symptom I observed that they show translucent body (photo 1, the middle one) - is this a disease or malnutrition?

Occasionally I blanch some green vegie to them - could pesticide kill them even after thorough clean and blanch?

Thing that puzzle me I have another tank (I keep carbon rili mix with CRS) that have same configuration as the tank where I get dead CRS but have no casualty over months.

Please some input and advice

IMG_1058.JPG

IMG_1059.JPG

Edited by albash

jayc
1 hour ago, albash said:

nitrite: 15ppm,

Nitrite 15ppm ?

Is this Nitrite or Nitrate?

If it's nitrite, then that's your problem. 

albash

It's nitrate Jayc.

Do you think Purigen would be a suspect too?

revolutionhope

i have almost zero experience with bee shrimp but it looks more likely to be a bacterial infection. im 99% sure it is not malnutrition.

NoGi

Mine went translucent when they were stressed.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• MSV
      By MSV
      One of my blue bolt youngsters has gotten this odd parasite or something attached to its shell.
      The shrimp itself is very lethargic and I don't expect it to survive, so I've isolated it from the tank.
      However, I'm baffled about what this may be. I've tried 3 salt baths without any result and now I'm trying a mix of Esha Exit and 2000 just to see if it will make the damn thing fall off the shrimp.
      Does anyone here has some good guesses or knows what it is?

• Must Read SKF Articles

• Join Our Community!

Register today, ask questions and share your shrimp and fish tank experiences with us!

• Crabby
      Just noticed you said 'thinking of adding tigers, would caridina work as well?' or something of the sort, just checking that you are aware that tigers are a species of the genus caridina? Those parameters should work brilliantly though for tigers and probably most other dwarf caridina (as opposed to like aussie natives or amanos and stuff). Tank looks fantastic!
    • Crabby
      Stand looks terrific!!! Love the spot for the cat too! 😂
    • sdlTBfanUK
      That looks great and I'm sure shrimps will be very happy exploring and grazing in there. I look forward to hearing how it goes this time. I don't think anyone over here is sending shrimps (or fish) at the moment so I am not planning to get anything here soon, the fish are doing well in that tank, and there is 1 red steel shrimp survivor which shows itself occassionally? Simon  
    • LCM94
      now the upload seems to be working with a 2Mb file ... but initially 6Mb seemed to big (popup with a "-200" error message, whatever that means 😐)  
    • sdlTBfanUK
      Good to see you back and hopefully this time all will go well! Tiger shrimp would probably be best as a TESTER as they are less fragile and more adaptable to different parameters than Taiwan bee, so I would get a small group of those and see how that goes at this stage, you can change (or mix?) to the Taiwan bee if all works for a few months? With the correct parameters the PH should stay stable unless there is something like rocks that alter the PH. Using RO water plus the shrimp minerals will provide all the parameters at a set balance. I'm not aware of any changes since you posted the pctures back in April so can only assume it may be file size related, can you do one at 1mb or below? Simon