New Library Article - Caridina logemanni Grading Poster

NoGi

Yay, we finally have all the pics now. If anyone has any higher res ones please let me know and I'll swap them out.

• 4 weeks later...

crystal_red_shrimp_quick_grading_guide.j

use that chart as a rough guide

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paul Minett said:

crystal_red_shrimp_quick_grading_guide.j

use that chart as a rough guide

Great , tnx i overlooked that one. Is tail is quite different suggesting a lower grade :/)

That guy shouldn't be on my tank then ... 

The other are S or S+

CRS2.jpeg

CRS1.jpeg

Edited by JMGC

Yes , I saw yours NoGi but the tail on mine on 2nd pic threw me lost, since on your chart none of them have that color on the tail.

regards

Jorge

JMGC there's a few different charts around and grading varies by personal opinions and country etc crystal grading is difficult as depth of colour etc come into it as well as the pattern if there are any you are really stuck on I'm sure the guys can help decide. NoGi was looking for the link to that chart as well.

CRS1.jpeg[/url]

2 band? It looks like a nice deep red although could be due to dark exposure of pic. I love the original candy cane stripe pattern though!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Long time I was here :). How are we doing? Only 2 photos left?

Edited by Shrimpmaster

Yes it has, welcome back ✌️️

I need to update that first pic as we got them all now. If you have any better quality ones by all means send them to me.

• Like 1

Cool, looks good!

I will try to spread it to other platforms. 

Cool, looks good!

I will try to spread it to other platforms. 

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Join Our Community!

Register today, ask questions and share your shrimp and fish tank experiences with us!

• Must Read SKF Articles

• beanbag
      One interesting thing he mentioned was "Bacteria pressure", which I guess just means number of bacteria around.  Yet I see all these other videos from shrimpkeepers bragging about how much bacteria their filtering system holds. Also interesting is no mention of using anti-biotics to treat bacterial infection.  I think that has fallen out of favor recently.
    • sdlTBfanUK
    • sdlTBfanUK
      It has been a few weeks now and I have done a couple of large water changes. I tested the water parameters this morning, GH6 and KH2, TDS 140 and PH 7.5. Obviously the PH is off but there isn't anything in the tank that should cause the PH to rise to this figure so I will just run the tank for another month with 10% weekly water changes (probably just with RO water) and see where we are at that point. The RO water tests at PH6, and the KH and GH in the tank could come down as they are at the upper limits for Caridina shrimps! There are only about 10 very small snails in there at this point, but they seem to be doing well enough.
    • sdlTBfanUK
      I believe these to be very rare in Australia so you may even consider making it a longer term plan and produce your own by starting with the best CRS you can get as that is where the pure lines started! Depends how patient and interested in the project you are, but would save money as well? If I recall correctly it takes from 8 generations of selective breeding? They sell them at micro aquatic shop but do not ship to Western Australia, but that means they are available in Australia. https://microaquaticshop.com.au/products/pure-red-line-grade-ss-shrimp Good luck and just maybe smeone on here may point you in the right direction or be able to supply you with some.
    • Jimmy
      Hi Guys,  Does anyone know where to buy PRL shrimps in WA, not the CRS please. Thanks Regards