Ideal Bristlenose Tank Temp

GotCrabs

I'm just about to set up my Common Bristlenose only tank, can someone give me an ideal temp to set the tank at please, cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

Can you keep bristlenose with shrimps? I guess shrimplets would get eaten, but bigger shrimp?

Can you keep bristlenose with shrimps? I guess shrimplets would get eaten, but bigger shrimp?

@yeswaitnosorry I keep RCS with my bristlenose in a community tank and I have seen shrimp climb all over him and he doesn't care. I think though it probably depends on the bristlenose 

• Like 1

Yeah, all the Bristlenose I have in this new tank were all in the same tank with all my Shrimp, they would all sit together and eat the same foods at the same time, Shrimp would climb all over them, they'd all sit together and just chill out, mind you, I had 3 adults that were around 5cm and a bunch of babies that were 1cm, so they all got a long fine no worries.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

So firstly, water conditions just as with any aquarium fish, are important. 
The Bristlenose will keep your aquarium free from algae but it will also produce waste so filtration 
is vitally important not only to maintain water quality but to aerate the water as well. Coming from flowing, 
oxygenated rivers in a tropical climate Bristlenose Catfish prefer a water temperature between 20 to 27 C so 
if you live in a cold climate you will have to add an aquarium heater