Eco Complete in Pond

GotCrabs

Would it be possible to use Eco Complete in a fish pond? Not as a pond substrate, but as in a pot? Say the pot has aquarium gravel, then has the Eco Complete, then the plant and then aquarium gravel, would that be fine to go into a pond?

I don't see any problems with that.

The reason I ask is because I will have some left over Eco Complete and have a load of plants coming that I can put into a pond, so thought what if I could use the Eco Complete and some aquarium gravel with some plants that need some substrate, some won't need substrate but some will, keen to give this a go with the left over Eco Complete I will have and see how it goes, it should be alright, where I am I don't have easy access to 'pond' substrates and what not.

As long as you use the heavier gravel on top of the Eco complete, which you are, the substrate won't get out of the pot.

• Like 1

Just planted some Hornwort and Ambulia in the pond, I ended up putting newspaper down first, then the Eco Complete and then a thick layer of gravel, have sat it in there for a bit and looking good so far, Callan advised me to do this so thought I'd give it a crack, cheers.