Super Hornets Anyone Keeping Them?

mayphly

Anyone else here keeping Super Hornets (paracaridina) and having breeding success? I've had 3 different females become berried and all three have dropped their eggs. I hope it's just because it's their first time. But I'm not sure. I house mine in a 10g tank. My Parameters are

PH 6.4

TDS 150

GH 6

KH 0

No3

Temp 72

Thanks!

post-1586-0-74772000-1430397930_thumb.jp

post-1586-0-14797200-1430397945_thumb.jp

post-1586-0-74772000-1430397930_thumb.jp

post-1586-0-14797200-1430397945_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Looks a bit like our Zebras.

In which case they do better in low pH, low TDS, low KH.

Looks interesting. A bit of Gold/yellow, White and black. If you can breed the colors solid it would be pretty cool. Good luck.

Edited by Disciple

I like the way the gold flakes stand out in these guys. I'd like to see a TB covered in gold flake. This is something I may try and do down the road. I know the pics sort of make the shrimp stripes look black but they're actually blue. I may put one of the Super Hornets with one of my TB and see how she does. My TB parameters are slightly lower than the hornets.

Beautiful shrimp! Just a day or 2 ago we speculated on this forum how lovely a metallic gold or silver shrimp would be and these could have the genes needed to develop such a strain. I wish these and several other lovely species could be found here in Australia. 

I don't know if Paracaridia is still considered valid. Either way, if these shrimp are the same as the variable Paracaridina meridionalis, the water parameters measured at the collection site were a very low EC of 7uS and pH around 5.4. 

However, despite the variability reported for P. meridionalis, these don't look the same to me.

• Like 1

IMO, these look very similar to the mustang and princess shrimp. I was told that these super hornet came from a mountain region near the border of Vietnam and China.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...