My pride and joy

daimen

20141012_214918_zps4e893a33.jpg

She is the only one I can ever capture on camera. If I ever get one of the others. You will see how red they get. Hope you like them.

• Like 1

Mostly the crumble from aquagreen and some supplements I think they grab some glass shrimp every now and then.

wouldn't be surprised if they grab the glassies. At the spot where I took photos (the night pics in the field trip section), the glassies were all up in the shallows (< 6cm deep), guessing to keep away from the macros which were everywhere and the eels of course.

Whatever you are feeding them is working if you are getting berries.

Thanks guys I have had these guys breeding since about 2 weeks after I got them from Dave at aquagreen now I'm trying to move some of the juvies on but no one seems to want these beauties

Yeah its a bit hard to move on these guys because of their reputation as fish and shrimp killers. To keep them without hassles, you basically have to dedicate an entire tank to them. Not to mention, they need a decent sized tank. A bit too much to ask for most people. That said, one day I will set up a tank for M. rosenbergii. Those things get massive and are apparently quite the characters.

I hate to say it, but you might be best to sell them on as live food.

20141014_214227_zps3410ffb0.jpg I got another shot. It's funny because I have heard of their reputation but I have never had any problems I keep them with rainbows and some endlers and they are breeding and I have heaps of fry. I also have my cherry culls and some DAS in with them and have babies from the cherries and I can still see the original 10 DAS and the riffles I bought from you. Maybe I am lucky but I think these guys have an undeserved reputation
  • Like 1

Maybe if stopped feeding them, they would turn " Edward Scissor hands" on the others.

Maybe but I'm not willing to stop and find out. It took me too long and cost me too much to bring those rainbows down from aquagreen

I think thats it, they will eat the easy option whilst its available but when its not.....well, a shrimps gotta eat.

We had a tank full of these guys which we kept with African cichlids pundamilia nyererei and venustus

Once it was lights out you could hear all this commotion

Lol the macros were pumpin the cichlids