My Tangerine Tigers

Gabe129

Hello All!

This is my first time trying to post pictures, so bare with me! Have to figure out the layout of the forum and how to attach a picture to the post! 

Anyhow, I acquired these tigers three weeks ago and I had one berried already! I'm not sure what happened, but today I did not see any of them with eggs.... :unhappy: I have golden bees and snow whites in the same tank, and I'm hoping for some cool looking high breads. Well, eventually that is! I still have a lot to learn about the "shrimping business".... However I think finding this forum was a huge step in the right direction!

Well, here goes nothing! Enjoy!!!

IMG_0319_zps38ebcaf6.jpg

IMG_0313_zps982dca9f.jpg

32945a8e-178e-41fe-9289-73064b2d8093_zps

cf3dc57d-cf93-46dd-a5d2-cadecefabbf0_zps

5e4eca21-cb0a-4c0a-9bbf-a55802ed305d_zps

• Like 3

Wow haven't seen these for ages so you've just reminded me that theres another shrimp I want. Just wondering what water parameters you are keeping them in?

I heard about tangerines a few years back but not sure if they're still in Oz! Great looking shrimp, the colours amazing!

Nice pic and awesome shrimp..just check you TDS, your GH/KH are OK....a tad low on PH, but they should acclimatise to that reasonably well. Do you add any mineral powder, and?or other additives.

From a breeding perspective, IMHO, Id selectively breed the tangerine tigers, before trying to get some hybrids ? but it all depends where your breeding program is heading too...

Thank for sharing...

Nice looking shrimp gabe... I think tangerines are going to be my next purchase. .. doing a 29gal tank for rare moss and buce... probably put them in there

Thank you guys! Tds meter just broke! I dropped the damn thing! New one is in the mail! Right now I'm not focusing on breeding, if it happens it happens kind of deal! Just trying out the different shrimps I can get my hands on! In the past I had lost a lot of crystal reds for things like leaving the window open, and the city sprayed for mosquitoes!!! So it is more of an experiment on my part!

Also I do not use mineral powder, just RO Right, for remineralizing the water! Again testing it out! So far I only lost one shrimp! Today actually, after a month and a half of having them!

Also I do not use mineral powder, just RO Right, for remineralizing the water! Again testing it out! So far I only lost one shrimp! Today actually, after a month and a half of having them!

Keep an eye out for them at the 3-4 month mark.

That's the time when a lot of people experience mass deaths.

In my opinion from observations on forums, this is a critical period if all you are doing is just remineralising change water and not adding extra.

• Like 2

Awesome pics dude, they look fantastic! :thumbsu:

He means adding extra Ca or Mg to make up for the minerals that shrimp use in their day to day activities, moulting etc. These get depleted over time & need to be replenished to keep the ratios right. :D