Sydney BBQ Meet Up

mrguppy

Hi Guys

For those that don't know, Sam Henson (henson2476) and myself has been organising the Swap Meet for the past few years.

I like to reiterate the following particular details just to make sure there is no miscommunications and to make sure it is done as efficiently as possible.

Date: Sunday, 9th Feb 2014

Time: Between 12pm-4pm

Place: Phillips Park, Lidcombe

We will be meeting at the Nicholas Street Side between Mons and Ostends Street.

The day is free for anyone who would like to attend. Just grab yourself a patch of dirt, bring a picnic rug or table and enjoy the day.

For those who don't have anything to swap …I am sure the vendors wouldn't mind cold hard cash.

The activities of the day would include

* A lucky Door Prize - This time I will be bringing a Spawning Mop that I just harvested of Melanotaenia Boesemani which was just harvested on 6th February 2014.

* A raffle will also be conducted for a $2.00 per ticket donation for 2x Large Shrimp Feeding Tray and a Shrimp Extendable Net

* A mini auction for a Brand New 35cm Straight and a 35cm Curved Tweezers starting at just $10.00

For those who have further stuff to donate to the raffle please let me know beforehand so I can slot it in the time table.

Also lastly we will be organising a little BBQ for those that is a little peckish. This will be just a sausage sizzle and a can of drink.. (I will go shopping on Saturday to get around 20 only) So first come first serve. Cost will only cover the food…

Looking forward to seeing you all..

The Raffle Prize

The item for the mini auction

I have been talking to David lately and we were thinking of having one in the Lidcombe park (same place as the last few times) on the 8th or 9th of Feb.

My girlfriend just had a knee recon on Friday so I haven't had time to work out too many details though.

We could do that, that's not a problem I think that park is in the middle for everyone. Will see who also have any more ideas

Who's up for it guys everyone is invited don't be shy there a lot of people from different forums join us on a beautiful day with a nice BBQ of course am the chef of the day xD

If you guys have any question don't hesitate to call me.

Claudio 0432071207

will be door surprises of course a raffle so make sure to come in a car :)

i don't have that many shrimps but am gonna try to put together something.

And if you guys have something to sale bring it along as we gonna do buy trade and sell.

join and have some fun :)

Ok this is what I have got so far.

Location: Lidcombe park (This seems to be a reasonably central location for everyone)

Date: currently set for the 9th of Feb.

Time: I would think 12-3 or possibly till 4 as any longer than this people seem to filter in and out rather than all being there in a large group.

There will be a sausage sizzle for a small fee (just enough to cover the cost)

As usual I'm sure some of the generous members around will rustle up a bit of a raffle/door prize.

Who is keen?

Would love to but have only one spare Sunday this month so heading to the ** one instead. A new hobby is taking most of my spare time these days

A new hobby is taking most of my spare time these days

A hobby that is taking precedence over shrimp?!

Do tell, it must be good if it's better than shrimping.

Kiwi don't tell me you got a nic v8 sitting in the garage and on you free time you go for street race -.- that's not a hobby hahhahaa.

if you can make it will be good lots of people from different forums are coming so it's good.

hi everyone just letting you know who would like to help or donate for the raffle you can call text me or send me a pm or come on the day i will be there around 10 in the morning to get everything set up.

let me know i let my phone number here for who ever wants to contact me for more info

@MrGuppy, a V8? Nah, can't say I'm a car nut I'm afraid. Would love another motorcycle but funds are limited these days.

Just taking up golf, I need something to do with mates outside of computers, shrimps, breeding birds and gardening, something to completely get away from it all. So I've had my first lesson and getting into it. The exercise I also need. So with working Tuesday - Saturday I only have the one family day and these days that starts around 5 maybe 6am if I'm lucky, golf lesson after breakfast, bit of family stuff for the rest of the day. Monday I drop of the kids to school, back home, water changes, clean up, round of golf (to come), pickup the kids, driving lesson, make dinner, drop son to Scouts, oh yeah and eat then pick up son at 8pm. Then I get a chance to relax. So yeah, not much time. And work these days has a few after hour requirements with global meetings/conference calls at nasty hours so yeah, life is pretty much full on, that's IT for ya when working for an American company that really does drive the industry

holy god XD, wow you have a full on day XD am same at the moment.

get 5 oclock up go to work come back 6 in the afternoon do some shrimp staff check forums reply a dozen msj and then study for about 4 hours and then to sleep and again every day some sundays i work but thats about it.

work is picking up very quick now so i cant waste time.

am studing gaming development ( how to make games for pc ) and games and application for phones other 2 hours web development XD

its a bit hash but will get there

about the exercise am doing a diet at the moment it kills first 2 or 3 days but you lose like water XD i was 135 about 3 weeks ago now today am about 123 and droping like crazy if you want it let me know :D easy to do and very convenient for busy people.

Davin , Golf now your talking , I use two play off 1 three years ago and considered becoming a pro until I dislocated my hip playing football ( my swing has never been the same since ) I still play twice a week but it is just for fun these days.

I ran a pro shop during the day for nearly three years while the owner toured with the PGA in America , I joined a new club recently ( Warringah )and hack around off 7

Let me know when your ready and Ill take you for a game , I still have lots of contacts if you are ever looking for something ( a good friend of mine just opened golf in the city , he is one if the best teachers in oz )

Cheers Twellsy

I've always enjoyed going to a driving range but never really been that great at hitting a ball properly lol so if i ever tried gold i would probably be like 10 over par on each hole :P

I've always enjoyed going to a driving range but never really been that great at hitting a ball properly lol so if i ever tried gold i would probably be like 10 over par on each hole :P

+1 me to

holy god XD' date=' wow you have a full on day XD am same at the moment.[/quote']Yeah its a full on day but its better and easier than a standard work day, if you're coming into IT you're going to find the hours are not as friendly as you think. Deployments and rollouts can often only be done after hours when nobody is around. The number of weekends I've done is ridiculous, this is the stuff they don't tell you, plus of course a 40 hour week is the stuff of luxury, I think my standard is probably closer to 60 but previously I have averaged 80 hours/week for close to 6 months for a specific project.Good on ya but I"m good thanks. I've revised my food input and general and I know what I need to do. Just squeezing in things, I had to dump the Gym lately due to lack of time and family commitments, that and the damaged knee don't really help hence taking up Golf to build muscle slowly and increase my general fitness.

Davin ' date=' Golf now your talking , I use two play off 1 three years ago and considered becoming a pro until I dislocated my hip playing football ( my swing has never been the same since ) I still play twice a week but it is just for fun these days.

I ran a pro shop during the day for nearly three years while the owner toured with the PGA in America , I joined a new club recently ( Warringah )and hack around off 7

Let me know when your ready and Ill take you for a game , I still have lots of contacts if you are ever looking for something ( a good friend of mine just opened golf in the city , he is one if the best teachers in oz )

Cheers Twellsy[/quote']

Thanks for that Craig, really appreciate it. And yeah I really should have thought to call and discuss with you. I'm definitely only in for the fun, if I can hold my own after a few more lessons I'll be happy, can hang with some of my colleagues on my spare day each week, well 4 - 5 hours anyway.

I'm currently practicing at the North Ryde club, its local, friendly plus I'm able to get a lesson in at 8am which helps to start the day. Looking to order my clubs soon, found a store that has the Mizuno brand which I love so looking at the JPX825s or JPZ EZs, need to put aside a few more dollars. I'll have the Irons come the end of the month then its a case or sorting a Driver and Putter, probably Ping as they feel pretty good but that'll be next month.

But would be keen to meet up and have a game sometime mate, at least once I can hit the general direction I'm aiming for ;-)

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi mate I think it will be in spring I'll keep everyone up to date

• 1 year later...