Clicky

Sign in to follow this  
wayne6442

BARNEY SPRINGS WILD GUPPY

wayne6442

Well after over 200 pictures I was able to capture these few shots of my wild Gupps!

I used burst mode on my camera 10 frames per second. Enjoy

post-3161-139909854318_thumb.jpgpost-3161-139909854323_thumb.jpgpost-3161-139909854328_thumb.jpgpost-3161-139909854332_thumb.jpgpost-3161-139909854335_thumb.jpgpost-3161-139909854337_thumb.jpg

post-12-13990986234_thumb.jpg

post-12-139909862342_thumb.jpg

post-12-139909862345_thumb.jpg

Squiggle

Very cool pics Wayne, where would we be without digital cameras, lol :victorious: Love the spots on them, very interesting colour patterns :encouragement:

ineke

Gee a lot of colour for wild fish very nice. Great photos Wayne:encouragement:

smicko

Nice pics wayne. They are an amazing looking fish, you managed to put 12 fry in the other day which is more than I could have dreamed of, thank you again for the fish and shrimp but most importantly the invitation and hospitality.

Cheers mick

Squiggle

+1 smicko, Wayne is an awesome host :applause:

Garnelchen

Beautiful, beautiful little fish! :applause: Gotta love those wild guppies! :cheerful:

Thanks for sharing the pics Wayne!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Register today, ask questions and share your shrimp and fish tank experiences with us!

Join Our Community!

• pastu
      Going back to culling , i would like to point out that removing too large a proportion of the colony you wish to improve , gets  your there faster , but you reach a point of no further progress for lack of genetic variability.  I tend to cull the worst 20% of my colony once a month and observe a slow steady improvement. Hopefully my colony will continue to improve Long into the future. I have learnt about population genetics when i was interested in breeding fancy fowl, and kept up to date now that i am interested in shrimps and horses. The laws are the same.the greater the breeding population and the lower the percentage that is removed from reproducción, the healtier and more prolific will remain and the further the progress in recombining desirable caracters. A severe rate of culling makes your population very homogenous early on and improvement stops
    • Wolf92s
      I'm still new to the hobby but they kinda look like other post (could be wrong, but he called them glass shrimp)
      https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=https://skfaquatics.com/forum/topic/11301-what-kind-of-shrimp-are-these/&share_tid=11301&share_fid=50791&share_type=t

For the last pic it looks like a pinocchio shrimp (Caridina gracilirostris).

Maybe someone will correct me. Sorry couldn't help anymore.

Sent from my 2PZC5 using Tapatalk

• jayc
      Newer A/C units now have auto on/off features. Maybe it's time for an upgrade @Zoidburg 😁 The things we do for our shrimp!
    • jayc
      @Zoidburg, happy to do that for you. Moved.
    • Zoidburg
      @jayc Would it help at all to move this thread to General Questions/Discussions? Still looking for ideas on what these guys may be.