Clicky

ytl99

Caridina typus?

ytl99

Is this caridina typus?AC5EC1FA-2C63-43D9-A8A1-95789E7B25D4.thumb.jpeg.789b124d2b7e2659aea946a604069284.jpeg4AB0470B-65BF-4A0C-ADE8-609FF321FCDE.thumb.jpeg.b116ac83d0179525b6abba998fa1278e.jpegB8BA9D29-3DEB-40D4-A238-738DF54FEDB4.thumb.jpeg.2e8a9b678d2a3f3d217764bde996da4d.jpeg

fishmosy

Could be. Could you provide a few more details about where they came from?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Must Read SKF Articles

• Register today, ask questions and share your shrimp and fish tank experiences with us!

Join Our Community!

• jayc
      Indeed a good video. Except for his spelling of Desolved in TDS (should be Dissolved) I could not have done any better.  
    • jayc
      Yes of course! Forgot about high Nitrates, and of course illness. But we probably need to clarify "low temps" for anyone new to the hobby. Winter months can see water temps fall below the shrimp's preferred temp range. It might not be detrimental to their health but it does slow their metabolism down. The remedy for low temps isn't to just give them high temps either, it needs to be within their ideal preferred range for that specific shrimp, eg Neo Caridina or Caridina or Sulawesi. I have known some people to have shrimp (cherries) survive our Australian winter out in ponds. So they can tolerate fairly low temps for an extended period.  
    • nicpapa
      Also No3 , low Temp , and bacteria infections.
    • sdlTBfanUK
      This is a very good video on the basics if you are new to shrimps. It is called 'How to breed shrimp', not sure why as it is generally everything and a very good  and clear video guide?.  
    • jayc
      I find the wrong water parameters for the type of shrimp to be a big factor for lethargic shrimp. It's usually the first sign that something is not right. Any measurable amount of Ammonia, can also cause this behaviour.  Moulting is also a big factor in shrimps being inactive. Right before and right after the moult they hide and usually don't move. The moulting process is very strenuous on the shrimp, and I find protein rich foods (eg bloodworms) helps a ton.