Clicky

Sign in to follow this  
Baccus

Has any body else seen?

Baccus

I saw a post for blue glass shrimp on a certain online fish selling site and wondered if anyone else had seen them or even purchased them? I was pretty certain the only time glass shrimp go red or blue is stress induced. And when I looked at the supplied photo the shrimp appears white bodied under the blue. Is my suspicion on the health of the shrimp correct?

Thoughts?

Jbio

Hi
I been wondering the same about the blue "paratya" from an online store. I can semi confirm the red ones just need to find the orbital spine on them. I also have black that seem to go from red to black at will. I find it amazing if they are paratya and not escapees that we have such brightly coloured critters down in our stupid vic cold waters.
Cheers

Sent from my TA-1012 using Shrimp Keepers Forum mobile app

Baccus

Im guessing some creeks around Vic could stay cool enough in summer for even the fussiest of crystal and tiger shrimp to survive. Of course there is always the possibility that there is a local chameleon type species to be found down that way. Not enough is known about our natives, nor bred commercially enough with dedicated colour morphs being stabalised.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Register today, ask questions and share your shrimp and fish tank experiences with us!

Join Our Community!

• Sheldon13
      Where do I get some?  When I google it, all that comes up is recipes for cooking shrimp and snow peas, and then on the shopping side what comes up is "Natto Shrimp Snow."  The Natto Shrimp Snow is brown pellets.  What I see in people's pictures here is white flakes.  Can someone tell me how to order it or what the proper name is so I can get the right thing?  Thank you!
    • Cesar
      Congrats @Sheldon13, keep us updated on their progress...
    • Sheldon13
      I LOVE the Velvet blue you have.  Beautiful specimen!
    • Sheldon13
      It's my first time guys!  I got these as my first shrimp, they were berried within 2 days and I had to squeal this morning when I woke up to babies!  So far I count 13.  I had 2 berried females so I know there's more...  They are orange cherries 😄
    • Baccus
      As helpful as pictures are I was wondering if there is a written description of the different colour varieties, much like what would be for say a show dog where desired criteria must be met in order for it to be grand champion worthy or pet quality. I ask because I am seeing many people selling "blue dreams" for example but there seems to be a great deal of difference with regards to darkness of the blue or clarity of the blue. And many of the sellers are either correctly claiming the shrimp are high grade or wrongly duping ( Not all but some and some could be doing it by accident too from not having a definitive accurate description to go by) new buyers who go on to breed said shrimp and sell on the offspring guessing they are high grade because they purchased high grade.