Filtration - 2 x sponge filters

Fauna - black panda shrimp

Flora - bucephalandra Melawi, Susswasertang, pearl moss, cabomba

Substrate - Dennerle Shrimp Soil

Heater - 22 degrees

Hardscape - spiderwood

Mineral balls x 2

Would like to add some cholla wood

Some of the buce is tied onto some lava rock.

Added some cull pumpkin shrimp to check if tank is cycled lol...

Any advice would appreciated if I need to add something.. 1c60b9965e7c2f5fe47bd749c8d7bea1.jpg

Sent from my VKY-L29 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

WhySoCRS

Nice, would make a nice shrimp only tank... (hint, hint), haha.

Perhaps a little log cave for the Pandas for shelter, also to breed in time as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Shrimp Keepers Forum

• Like 1

NatefromSa
Nice, would make a nice shrimp only tank... (hint, hint), haha.

Perhaps a little log cave for the Pandas for shelter, also to breed in time as well.

Yeah shrimp only man,

Will scout for a cave somewhere in South Africa, otherwise eBay. EBay might take a while, maybe diy with some pvc piping and coat it.

Wonder what coating to use for the pvc piping safe for shrimp?

Thanks for the feedback@WhySoCRS

NatefromSa

Thought I'll post a pic of the shrimp, since you asked so nicely@WhySoCRS, lol...

2ab29186e7a7961e69c96aa444955294.jpgd04dc845822b459fc31b630606e0ddbf.jpg1561895d76766be29a311718cd890a1c.jpg

WhySoCRS

Crystal Red Shrimp & Crystal Black Shrimp mate, beautiful shrimp, look after them.

I would strongly advise not to add fish in that tank!

I’ve started to get back into shrimp keeping & breeding & that’s what I have also, a very popular & loved shrimp.

• Like 1

NatefromSa

Yeah they do breed,

Actually panda shrimp, note the black face.

I setup this tank exclusively for them and definitely no fish lol.

Will separate them from the CRS when tank is fully cycled. Should be in a week or two.

jayc
1 hour ago, NatefromSa said:

coating to use for the pvc piping safe for shrimp?

Why would you want to coat it?

To stick some gravel on it? -> use aquarium silicon.

• Like 1

WhySoCRS

They are Crystal Black Shrimp & Crystal Red Shrimp, Panda might just be a nick name.

WhySoCRS

Sorry, I just Googled Black Panda Shrimp & read up, not a shrimp I had heard of & are different to Crystal Black Shrimp.

• Like 1

jayc

Panda's are Taiwan Bees, and refers to a colour variation.

Like Red Wines are another colour variation of Taiwan Bees.

• Like 2

WhySoCRS

You learn something new everyday.

NatefromSa
Why would you want to coat it?
To stick some gravel on it? -> use aquarium silicon.
Thanks, yeah why would I! Thanks@jayc.

Or maybe even get some black pvc...

WhySoCRS

When I read this post at 4 am this morning sitting outside of work I misread this as Panda Cories, not Panda Shrimp, argh, hence the comment on a cave for breeding & not having fish & shrimp in there.

• Like 1

NatefromSa
When I read this post at 4 am this morning sitting outside of work I misread this as Panda Cories, not Panda Shrimp, argh, hence the comment on a cave for breeding & not having fish & shrimp in there.

Night shift? Busy reading up on crossing pandas with crs sss, create some mischlings and strengthen the TB gene in them. When moving them I'll look for stronger mischlings and add them to this panda tank.

Hope I'm making sense...

• Like 1

WhySoCRS

Nah mate, started at 4 am.

Yeah like the strong colouring in the Panda, look much stronger then the CBS.