Need to get the females saddled

Hi Guys,

Trust everyone is well. I have forgotten how to get my females saddled/berried again in winter. The females have produced a lot of offspring but have gone quiet since about May. I am using bloodworms, different vegetables etc to feed, but I have forgotten what works best to get them saddled again.

Any tips would be great. 

Thanks,

James.

• HOF Member

I have been breeding shrimp including TB since 2012 and every winter regardless of all the tried and true hints people swear by my shrimp never breed  -except occassionally the blue diamond Neos -I have 12 tanks and they are all the same. Even my hybrids that breed constantly the rest of the year stop in winter, I've tried feeding protein twice weekly, introducing slightly cooler water -this hint was given to my by a well known breeder at the time -30% water change every 3 days x 3 times with water slightly cooler than the tank to simulate the rainy season -I tried it several times with no luck. There are a few products out there that are supposed to stimulate breeding but I now just let nature takes it's course and let the girls have a rest.

My tanks are inside the house in a warm room and get 6-8 hours light in winter plus any normal light coming in the windowr. I would be interested to see how you go as I think I've exhausted all avenues!

Edited by ineke
  • Like 2