New Beginnings - 30cm Cube ADA Style Planted.

John.

I've not had an aquarium for some time, ab1 out three years. I saw NoGi selling a Disposable Co2 Regulator, I decided then and there that I would purchase his Co2 Regulator and set-up a brand new tank. - So Thank-You NoGi :P

The plan is to set-up an ADA Style cube, plant it out, and stock with some Reasonable Quality CRS, some Boraras Brigittae & a few Otocinclus...

I will update this post as I acquire more items, and update the thread with images of any progress made.

Please feel free to make any suggestions, ask any questions you may have, or even post images of planted cubes that look awesome as I need much inspiration :p

Cheers,
John.

______

Purchased:

Mr Aqua - Low Iron 30cm Cube.
Chihiros Aquasky LED
Glass Lilypipe Set
Glass CO2/PH Checker
CO2 Regulator
CO2 Solenoid.
CO2 In-Line Atomiser
ADA Amazonia Powder

To Buy:

Eheim 2213 & Clear Hose.
CO2 Hose
CO2 Buble Counter.
Hydor 200w In-Line Heater
Hardscape Materials - Wood/Rock
Plants & Moss - Tissue Cultured
Shrimp & Fish.
Power Boards, Timers, Etc.

To Make:
ADA Style Stand.

15996196_10154908513612485_1225870102_n.jpg

15996190_10154908513532485_1349229511_n.jpg

15995350_10154908513437485_1826302413_n.jpg

15978440_10154908513407485_1218394611_n.jpg

• Like 2

G'day @John.

A couple of tips for you. With the power board and timers. Go for a power board that has more sockets than what you think you will need and get one with switches for each socket. I bloody hate unplugging leads. Also go for a timer that is electronic and has battery backup. We just had a 5 hour power outage and it is a pain having to reset my manual ones.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the tip @Madmerv!

Quick Update!!!!

Eheim 2213, Hydor 200w & Driftwood Acquired! - The wood is a little to big for the cube as is so I will have to cut it, and I'm contemplating a larger tank to fit it without any hacking :P

The plan is to have the wood break the surface and hopefully have some immersed plants creep up it :)

BO2DLhc.jpg

Stand is now made, I just have to finish it now with either Laminate or Paint. I'll also add a small shelf in there for ferts, co2, etc.

Slow, but steady progress, I now need to start working out the plants I want and the names associated with them :P

Bdg2P9d.jpg  ca1Jp5F.jpg

KOyBEom.jpg   zgn9wvL.jpg

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

**6 months later**

Life & work took over but now back on track.

The stand is now finished, painted Grey/Granite with a Satin Clear & Gloss white interior.

Currently tossing up if I use that wood, or go with some stone; hardest decision ever! - But I'm thinking this wood will be better suited in a 2' tank :P

voXtiNt.jpg   2eifyzz.jpg

• Like 1

14 hours ago, John. said:

Currently tossing up if I use that wood

Definitely go with that driftwood.  At first glance it reminded me of ...

Image result for deer antlers

I'm gonna try find some soft/largish stone. As having that wood gives me more of a chance to build a second aquarium :P
_

I did a little "plumbing" and then changed it out, as I didn't like having a foot of hose holding pressurised co2 upto the solenoid. Clear tube will be used to the lily-pipes.

hGIUxpP.jpg   BvHPR7B.jpg

I then changed it a little, and added some cheap sensor lights from bunnings. I'll be changing from the 90g Co2 to a 2.6l Tank & Proper solenoid/regulator :)

VgHXryu.jpg

GSzcCKC.jpg

*Update*

Not long now, there is nothing else to do except for scape, flood & stock :D

New Keg King 2.6kg Co2 Tank & Reg/Solenoid acquired, it won't fit in this stand, but will fit in my next one ;)

GsAQDbR.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...