Welcome to SKF Aquatics (Shrimp Keepers Forum)

Welcome to SKF Aquatics (Shrimp Keepers Forum), like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of SKF Aquatics (Shrimp Keepers Forum) by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

WeNo

TT x CRS SS+ Breeding

WeNo    0
WeNo

Can any one of you tell me.. If I breed Tangerine Tiger x Crystal Red Shrimp SS+, what kind of shrimps would i get¿?

jayc    1,373
jayc

You would get a Tibee. The colour would depend on which is more a dominant gene. It should be from a light red to a pale orange.

• Like 1

WeNo    0
WeNo

Thanks for the info bro..

WeNo    0
WeNo
On ‎08‎-‎01‎-‎2017 at 0:35 PM, jayc said:

You would get a Tibee. The colour would depend on which is more a dominant gene. It should be from a light red to a pale orange.

what about TT x Electric blue shrimp.. What will I get..

jayc    1,373
jayc
5 hours ago, WeNo said:

Electric blue shrimp

Never heard of an electric blue shrimp.

That's probably a product name. Like Toyota is a product name for a car.

What is it really? A Neocaridina? or a Caridina?

I'd take a guess that it's a Neocaridina - a cherry or rilli.

In which case they will not breed successfully with a Tiger shrimp. It would be like trying to breed a cat with a dog. 😛

Edited by jayc

JayShrimp    24
JayShrimp

You may also get white or black lines/patterns on a light to dark orange shrimp

In second generation you may get some red patterns as red is resessive

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Topics

• NoGi
      Mizu Sakura "Daizu Snow" is a 100% organic soy husk pellet fibre supplement for shrimp, which is low Gi, low in fat and cholesterol and high in calcium. Healthy media for mycelia culture. A great natural leave in food that won't foul your water. Low Cu content formula.
      View full article
    • NoGi
      100% Organic Australian bee pollen, ZERO additives. Full of enzymes, proteins, nutrients and minerals like: Carotanoids, lipids, bioflavonoids, good fatty acids, As well as containing anti-fungal and antibacterial properties.
      View full article
    • NoGi
      Great to see you writing reviews again 8-) I'll share this to Facebook as well
    • Zebra
      Hello,  Recently I bought a couple of Sötching oxydators from NewBreed Aquatics closing down sale, As I've been wanting one for awhile but didn't quite have to cash to fork out. These sold for $15ea at like 40% off. Shipping was really fast, and they arrived well packed in perfect order.     The box comes with: 1x glass bottle with plastic lid 1x ceramic holster 2x Catylyst 2x 82.5ml bottles food grade H202 (4.9%) oxydator solution. Instruction manual.    Basic instruction: fill glass bottle with H202 to within a few cm of the top. Add catalyst. 1 for <30L, 2 for 30-60L. Plug the cap back on carefully but tight, before inserting the bottle into the ceramic holster and placing in your aquarium. Choose the appropriate concentration of H202 for your application, and add the correct number of catylysts, by doing this you can tailor the oxygen production in your aquarium, For example: In my 40L tank I'm using straight 4.9% solution and 2 catalysts. Where as in my 10L nano I'm using 2.45% and only 1 catalyst, (diluted equal parts with distilled water) Store any spare catalysts somewhere safe so they don't get lost. As advertised, the sotching oxydator produces oxygen aswell as an "activated oxygen" which apparently has a lot to do with neutrient and micro neutrient bioavailability in plants. They are also said to reduce algaes esp blue green algae and green spot.  Bubbling away peacefully in my tanks. :) they are lovely to watch when my Bazooka isn't running hehe.   So whether you want to increase oxygen levels in a planted tank without increasing surface agitation (which outgasses precious co2), Increase DO levels to improve shrimplet or fry survival rates, Run a quite tank without a filter for example on your bedside table where an aquarium or scape would add a sense of peace and nature without loud bubbling or humming of filters that can be annoying, Help battle algaes or even just improve general fish and shrimp health this product does it all reliably. All in all, its clever German engineering combined with a sleek, sexy in tank look earns this product a full 5 stars from me.
      View full article
    • NoGi
      @KillieOrCory cute little fry you have there. Are you going to take progressive shots as they get bigger?
  • Featured Products

• Recent Articles