Welcome to SKF Aquatics (Shrimp Keepers Forum)

Welcome to SKF Aquatics (Shrimp Keepers Forum), like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of SKF Aquatics (Shrimp Keepers Forum) by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Kaylenna

Aura Blue Tigers in AU?

Kaylenna

I've seen people selling Aura Blue hybrids in Au - are they really here??  Can anyone confirm?

KeenShrimp

Hi @Kaylenna, the Aura blue tigers are actually Tupfel shrimp/ Caridina Serrata. I have not seen the green apple or Aura blue available here yet.

Kaylenna

Perhaps it's incorrectly named or there are 2 species sharing the name, but...

http://www.shrimpfever.com/shop/caridina-shrimp-only/aura-blue-tigers/#tab-description

http://www.shrimpfever.com/shop/caridina-shrimp-only/tangerine-tiger-shrimp/

I've seen it as Caridina cf cantonesis other places too, and yes I know the thing about "cantonesis" being renamed/misnamed etc.

I've tried to search for definitive info, but the scientific names of shrimps appear not to be a top priority for most people, especially those with access to genetic sequencing gear.  If you have some sort of confirmation, please share.

anthonyd

Aura blue are caridina cantonensis not cf. cantonensis, tupfel are found in a different location. Shrimp are not described using genetics but physical traits.

• Like 1

neosin

I have pure aura blue tigers breeding atm, pm me if anyone interested to buy :)

• Like 1