Azoo Skim 250

fishmosy

Some of my tanks develop a translucent film on the surface of the water. I've tried using paper towel, siphoning it out, rearranging the outlet flows from the filters, breaking it down with peroxide and even dosing glut. Nothing works well, some film always get left behind and the next day it's back with a vengeance. 

So I bought an Azoo Skim 250 and I'm kicking myself I hadn't bought it sooner. Drop it into the tank, plug it in and five minutes later the film is gone. I'll run it only when needed as I suspect it could suck in shrimplets or juveniles, although they couldn't get to the pump even if they were. 

image.jpeg

Quite impressed. For the job it is designed to do, I give it 5 out of 5 clean tanks. 

@fishmosy Interesting a nano tank skimmer, never used a skimmer myself normally I would  just increase the water surface movement more and it would disperse. Thanks for posting always an option.

• Like 1

The film just doesn't break up unless it gets really thick or the current is so strong that the shrimp get swirled around the tank. I don't know what it is but it's a nasty bugger. Luckily this seems to have solved the problem and doesn't demand too much effort on my part = more time shrimp staring. 

• Like 1

That's sounds good to me, extra time to stare at the shrimp??

• Like 1