Indian Almond Leaf

roscoeb

Hi I purchased some Indian Almond Leaves from Newbreed Aquatics.

I broke off  approx. 1/4 leaf put it in my 17 Litre Nano Tank and no one has even bothered to take  a bite :-(

Anyone had any success with IAL as a shrimp food

Its a relatively new tank (I'm relatively new to shrimp) and stocked with Crystal Reds

Roscoe

@roscoeb I find that it's normal for shrimp not to take to it straight away. It will take a while before the IAL starts to break down and then watch it disappear overnight!

It takes time, mine usually last around a month in my tank slowly being eaten away. Most of the time when I am looking in there, the shrimp aren't on it anyway.

As all the above replies mine don't start eating it until it has been in the tank for a few months when it started to deteriorate from being submerged. I have also read that the leaves will also break down quicker in slightly acid water.

Just wait for the leaf to soften up for the shrimps to be able to peck at it. Although i have realised some leaves are softer than others.

I had two leaves in my tank and one has completely been demolished and the other is still untouched. I find the darker brown ones are more softer/thinner? 

Thanks for the replies :-)

It's so helpful to have such a great community to interact with, especially for a newbie like my self

• Like 1

That's what this community is all about ??

Just remember that everyone started out as newbies at some stage.

• Like 2