I got some Metabetaeus lohena (alpha opae ula)

Odin

I have finaly gotten some Metabetaeus lohena and they are just settling in! Heres a quick video of them.

For those who are not sure, these guys grow to about an  inch in size and live along side Opae ula shrimp. They have large (in comparison) pincers and are primarily scavengers.

Edited by Mech
  • Like 4

Love these!! Thanks for sharing!! I soooooo wish we could have these in Australia haha

• Like 1

Hmmm, do you really think they are worth getting?

I have Opae Ula, but don't like the more bullying behavior of the Alphas. I like their larger size though. They seem more active too? I was thinking about doing a Alpha only tank, but still thinking if it's worth it.

5 hours ago, ShrimpP said:

Hmmm, do you really think they are worth getting?

I have Opae Ula, but don't like the more bullying behavior of the Alphas. I like their larger size though. They seem more active too? I was thinking about doing a Alpha only tank, but still thinking if it's worth it.

I have a separate tank just for the Alphas, i wouldn't want any in my Opae ula tanks because it will hinder breeding for the Opae ula. I think they are great but are very shy and prefer to hide in the shadows.

• Like 1

I took this yesterday, this is the most you see them out and about (feeding time) the quality isnt great but you get the idea :p

• 1 month later...

These guys are still doing great! im having to get some nerite snails for their tank because they dont eat the algae that grows on the tank like the Opae ula and its starting to take over a little!

DSC00810.JPG

• Like 1