goldfish tanks

revolutionhope

who is keeping goldfish?

i'd love to see any pix of your tanks andor ponds and stock please :-) :-)

i just set one up this last week or so and im omw to fish shop soon to get some stock woohoo! scape is undecided yet. items are in the tank but not decided on the position yet :-) is all driftwood with a large "strat"? stone

love n peace

will

We have 4 Goldfish out in a large container outside, natural light, bare bottom, have Vallisneria nana planted into plastic pots with a layer of newspaper on the bottom, some aquarium gravel, then substrate, then another layer of aquarium gravel, then the Vall planted in, the newspapers helps prevent the substrate leaking/escaping from the bottom, also have some Hair Grass in there planted in the same manner as well as some Lilaeopsis novaezelandiae and Hydrocotyle tripartita to see how it grows in there, so far so good, Goldfish only took interest in the Blyxa Japonica, nothing else, also have a little Amazon Frogbit floating on the surface, also have a couple White Cloud Minnows in there as well, no photos, all going well, do a large water change about once a month also.

• Like 1

Always had a fascination with goldfish. A pity they aren't exactly compatible with shrimp otherwise I'd probably have some.

Always had a fascination with goldfish. A pity they aren't exactly compatible with shrimp otherwise I'd probably have some.

aha but that is where you're wrong my friend! goldfish are 100% compatible with culls don't ya know ;-)

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I have a 472 liter tank with a black moor and a chocolate pompom in at the moment, I also have a golden yellow colored ranchu and a black & white oranda that will soon be going into this tank, I have a calico fantail in quarantine at the moment that will also join this tank later, I will add another 2 goldfish in due time.

I also have a commet in a 82 liter tank that will get its own pond soon and this 82 liter tank will become my planted/shrimp tank.

I have 20 gallon tank (which currently houses the ranchu and oranda) that will eventually become a tropical tank..

Oh, all my tanks have golden apple snails in them, I love these little guys!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, jayc said:

That's a lot of tanks @riaanj.

I'll bet that 20G tank will turn into a shrimp tank too. I can just see it now.

It's not enough! I will be building a +- 600liter tank in a year or 3 when I complete the study room in our house. My wife absolutely adores the shrimp, so the 20 gallon might well go that way..