Springbrook spiny cray

buck

a little while ago the family and i went for a walk around some trails in springbrook national park and i couldn't help but have a look in the creeks. I was trying to take pics of the big tadpoles when something caught my eye, the battery was about to die on the camera... And then i noticed something else! it was a spiny cray! I couldn't get good pics because of where he was and me not wanting to get wet but next time i go ill be more prepared!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I found anouther on soon after this one too! It was amazing to see such a beautiful native crustacean in its natural habitat :love:

• Like 3

Nice picture.

Good to see these wildlife are still around in our creeks and rivers.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Very nice and good spotting, is that a dragonfly caddis I also spy on the rock in front of the cray?

I have seen them a few times out of the water by the hiking trails usually after a heavy downpour. They are so blue. Sometimes when I stop for lunch by the creeks and dip my feet in the water to cool off, I could see little ones out and about.

Pack some lunch next time you are out there and have it by the creek. Sit and watch. I find it blissful.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

i had one from wentworth falls for a while, ill see if i can find a pic.