Welcome to SKF Aquatics (Shrimp Keepers Forum)

Welcome to SKF Aquatics (Shrimp Keepers Forum), like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of SKF Aquatics (Shrimp Keepers Forum) by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Yesterday
  2. Strengthening its commitment to the welfare of the environment, Epson has now become a Full Partner with Planet Ark with Cartridges 4 Planet Ark, the highest possible level. The ‘Cartridges 4 Planet Ark’ program is an innovative recycling initiative that gives Australian consumers a free, easy and environmentally friendly method to recycle used printer […] The post Epson Australia Becomes Full Partner with Planet Ark appeared first on GeekLingo. View the full article
  3. It’s almost impossible to avoid Amazon these days. It has become one of the most popular online shopping platforms in the US and the UK, as it gives consumers access to a wealth of goods at the tip of the fingers. From baby products to food and everything in between, whatever it is that you […] The post Taking Amazon Prime for a Test Drive appeared first on GeekLingo. View the full article
  4. Amateur hour selective breeding...

I am sure folks are just ignoring my long winded posts now, but for future folks having my problems, especially with CAL BEP. My tank had not cycled. It is now 44 days, with several large water changes. Constant NH3 and TDS leach, although TDS appears to have finally stopped. Last week (after signs of NO3, but still showing NH3) I tested PH, it was at 5.5. No further BB could grow. (I had added tap previously to bring it up, but the substrate buffered it straight back under 6. With no other advice to go off, I have now added in a small amount of coral to bring PH up to 6.5 and cycle has resumed instantly. More water changes, now I have stock in there I am concerned for their survival (my other tanks are nano's which the rising BNE heat is not ideal for). Hoping I can complete the cycle soon. I have kept daily logs of the water params and all the labour in this one tank. Definitely will not be using CAL BEP next time.
  5. Hold onto your hats – and your pocketbooks – Australia! The multi-billion dollar online retailer that has taken the US and the UK by storm will soon be available in the land down under! The US-based company, which was founded by Jeff Bezos, has its sights on Australia. This mega online retailer has announced that […] The post Amazon is Coming to Australia! appeared first on GeekLingo. View the full article
  6. Mating Shrimp - 3 males on 1 female

All 4 of them, 10 minutes, if not longer cause that's when I started watching them. Was worried about the female but she seems fine, she's the largest of a group of 15. Sent from my LG-K425 using Tapatalk *3 of them that is. Smaller tank, 4 gallons. Sent from my LG-K425 using Tapatalk
  7. When you are looking for a wireless keyboard and mouse combination, you just need it to perform. Logitech is well-known for making quality products that are still affordable, but how does the MK850 wireless keyboard and mouse stack up to the competition? We’ll take a look in this review. The Logitech MK850 is a major […] The post Logitech MK850 Performance Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Combo Reviewed appeared first on GeekLingo. View the full article
  8. Mating Shrimp - 3 males on 1 female

Several males trying to mate with one female is not uncommon. Though, 10 mns seems a bit long for me. Your male might be the Rocco Siffredi of the tank 😋
  9. I just caught 3 male Neocaridina shrimp ganged up on 1 saddled female. Is this normal behavior? It's the 1st time I've see shrimp mating so it was rather shocking how long they held her, she couldn't move for 10 minutes. Another male came along and it broke them up. I'm still trying to find her to see if she's OK. Sent from my LG-K425 using Tapatalk
  10. Last week
  11. My pond shrimp

I don't seem to have many mossie larvae in the pond - perhaps the frogbit is a deterrent ?
  12. Properly defining Neo lineage

Yes exactly. I am aware that they are Var Blue - Brown Lineage, but I know people will ask me in future for the "fancy" name and I would like to have some idea because for a lot of people that's all they care to know.
  13. My pond shrimp

Wow that's great. I was thinking of moving to ponds myself at some stage but was worried our temps swing too much. Doesn't seem to be the case with your cherries. How are you handling mossie larva?
  14. Properly defining Neo lineage

That's why I prefer our way of doing it, rather than using fancy names that breeders come up with we use the actual lineage in describing the colour. Fancy names do nothing but create more confusion in the hobby when you have a shrimp like the cherry that has multiple paths to the same colour.
  15. Anyone familiar with home electronics has probably heard of the ASUS brand. They have created some really great products over the years and one of their latest offerings is the ROG Strix Wireless Headset. Let’s take a look at it carefully in this review and see if it will meet your audio needs. This is […] The post ASUS ROG STRIX Wireless Gaming Headphone (ROG Strix Wireless) Reviewed appeared first on GeekLingo. View the full article
  16. One of the most exciting additions to the world of wireless routers is the EXO AC2600 from D-Link. Wireless routers are one of the most useful additions to have in the house, even if you already have a cable modem that broadcasts a wireless signal because it ensures that your wireless connectivity is good all […] The post D-Link EXO AC2600 MU-MIMO Wi-Fi Router (DIR-882) Reviewed appeared first on GeekLingo. View the full article
  17. Properly defining Neo lineage

Blue Diamond seems to be the one. Thanks for your help guys :)
  18. Properly defining Neo lineage

this post should help :
  19. Welcome SquizzaShrimp89

Welcome to skfa :-) [emoji173][emoji111][emoji445] will
  20. Welcome rpk

Welcome to the forum :-) [emoji173][emoji111][emoji445] will
  21. Properly defining Neo lineage

My understanding is that blues from this line are called blue diamonds. There has been some discussion about this topic recently. See thread started by@Baccus and active few days or so ago. Also thread from@pmasa which was active in the last week or 2. [emoji173][emoji111][emoji445] will
  22. Welcome SquizzaShrimp89

SKF Aquatics (Shrimp Keepers Forum) welcomes SquizzaShrimp89. Please feel free to browse around and get to know others. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask. View Member regards, skfadmin
  23. Shrimp Rack time!

No kids to worry about mate, although I do have Pugs! That like to try to climb the rack and chew dangly things like power cables! I will definitely upload progress pics as I go with the plants. Might give one a Flame moss Mohawk!
  24. Shrimp Rack time!

Now we know what Mitch did with his kids !! 😉 (no, not funny. Really) Dammm @kingmitch84. Scary looking, and lifelike skulls you got there. You gotta post a picture of them after you plant something on them. You could use mosses, subwassertangs, and maybe even Vals ... you know, for different hairstyles!! LOL 😅 I crack myself up sometimes.
  25. Hi. I have been breeding dark blue neocardinas that I originally acquired from a source who could not give me any clear identity for their lineage, From my research and looking at a few of the lineage charts I have determined that they must be of the brown/choc line, as some of the blues are so deep blue they are almost totally black. My question is: would it be correct to call the best quality full coloured guys Blue Dreams? and if they were to have some black and blue they would be Blue Diamonds? Also I have read that this line (regardless of culling) will never breed true blue? can anybody verify that please?. And I do believe this is the line that can also throw Bloody Mary's. All input appreciated thanks.
  26. Shrimp Rack time!

yuk! Could not watch any shrimp in such a tank: I would have the feeling somebody's watching me o.O
  27. Shrimp Rack time!

I usually do as well mate, I'm usually all plants and hardscapes but I saw this image a while ago and always wanted to duo something similar. Mosses and other plants attached to the skulls will look pretty cool I think.
  1. Load more activity