Welcome to Shrimp Keepers Forum

Welcome to Shrimp Keepers Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Shrimp Keepers Forum by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. white bloom ?

White bloom is usually bacterial bloom. I'm especially enclined to diagnose that, considering this happened just after you added some Bacter AE. I don't think this is something crtical, but I understand it can be annoying. Try again a partial water change. If you can, vaccuum the substrate, add Mosura BT-9 if you can find some, or live bacterias such as Bio Nitrivec. This problem can clear itself after a more or less long time. In my case, it took 2 weeks in one of my tanks. In another tank, I had to use an UV filter. my .02
  3. Yesterday
  4. Welcome BigMantis.

Shrimp Keepers Forum welcomes BigMantis.. Please feel free to browse around and get to know others. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask. View Member regards, skfadmin
  5. Hi, I am a newbie to shrimp keeping and I have come here for some stability in information as to looking around the information of various fish forums vary so much. Some say RCS are easy and will thrive in the same parameters as community fish others will say a great deal more care and closer parameter adjustment. All confusing. So I am hoping to get advice that I can work with. I have on order and should hopefully be delivered this week a custom 25cm cube tank (about 10 gal). I have a sponge filter and air pump as well as a heater. My plan is for a planted tank for my red cherries and hopefully some tank mates but I would like them to breed. My water is classed as ‘Moderately Hard’ GHd 9.84 pH7.25 as per suppler analysis. Talk of using a TDS pen. I can easily order one, but should we not be aware of what constitutes the dissolved solids or does not that matter? Light for the new tank, 6500K or 8000K which would be best for my shrimp to stand out. I keep going on line to order one or the other and end up not ordering anything. Substrate for both shrimp and plants. All I am sure of is I would like it as close to black as possible. The plants I intend would be Java Moss, Java Fern and Anubias nana petite possible water sprite as that can float and go in the substrate. I welcome any suggestions and I will probably have more myself. I am in no hurry to add livestock . Thanks Robert….
  6. white bloom ?

i have a 225ltr tank which as been running since early November, planted, ph 6.2 temp 22.8 tds 170, i put the first lot of shrimp in early january not had any problems, molting as normal and a few berried. a week ago i put a scoop of bactor AE in and just after that a white mist or bloom appeared in the tank, partial water changes have done nothing to help, all shrimp are fine and water is at the right parameters , anyone have any ideas what this could be?, the filter system is a fluval 306 external, i also have an oxydator, and i dont have anything in the tank thats breaking down cheers richie
  7. Welcome djplantsandfish

All new to this what info for schrimps and who is the best to buy from
  8. Welcome djplantsandfish

Thanks for this group Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Thanks for the welcome wanting some info on scrimps and who is the best to buy from
  9. Last week
  10. Welcome Robert42

Thank you I am totally new and in that confusing stage. Hope to get some guidance.
  11. Welcome Robert42

Shrimp Keepers Forum welcomes Robert42. Please feel free to browse around and get to know others. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask. View Member regards, skfadmin
  12. Hate to barge in on you two... ;) Your welcome JC, anytime bro :) That rack sure has come along but i got one thing to say: BOOOOOOOO! no up to date photos.... Hahaha :D
  13. I ended up organising a group buy from Kens Fish in the USA. I can't find a cheap local source unfortunately.
  14. 8.47am this morning. 😁
  15. Whatever floats yer boat jc ! 😂 When was the last time someone called you cute?
  16. Yes, the horizontal beams fitted in the notches ensure that the load is supported by the vertical supports. Some smaller rack builds simply fix the horizontal beams to the vertical supports by screws. This means only the screws are bearing the load and it can be risky if one uses the wrong type of screws or inadequate number of them. Hope this makes sense. I have sold all my discus not long after my own babies came along. Now I breed 'less demanding' fish i.e. a few different types of corydoras, peppermint bristlenose and LG6 whiptail catfish. I also have some celestial pearl danios breeding in an outdoor tub. Who? Me? Ahhh... thank you. 😅
  17. Question: On the rack build out, am I seeing that the vertical supports are notched out to fit in the horizontal supports? Awesome thread, let me know if you need me to take some of those Discus fry off your hands... ;)
  18. Welcome Matt B

Shrimp Keepers Forum welcomes Matt B. Please feel free to browse around and get to know others. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask. View Member regards, skfadmin
  19. Did you find a source of astaxanthin JayC? Interested in doing something similar to you to get some more red in my Red Whiptail adults and hopefully eventually fry. For anyone following, $6 for 125 grams is a solid price :)
  20. I finally got around to fix all the photos in this thread. They should all be visible now. 🙂 A special shout out to @s1l3nt for your help with the photos. This rack has been running for over two years and it is still running very well. I have since built another rack for breeding fish and this rack has been a shrimp only rack since July 2016. I might try to upload some photos if/when I get a chance.
  21. For those that are into DIY shrimp or fish food ... Aldi are selling powdered Kale and Spirulina on Wed 24th Jan. https://www.aldi.com.au/en/special-buys/special-buys-wed-24-january/wednesday-detail-wk04/ps/p/oh-so-natural-superfood-powders-100g-125g/ These are great ingredients for use in DIY foods like my "Shrimp Kandy Feast"
  22. Welcome paul3823

Shrimp Keepers Forum welcomes paul3823. Please feel free to browse around and get to know others. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask. View Member regards, skfadmin
  23. Crucial is a brand that has not really competed with top-tier enthusiast-level manufacturers in the past. Most of their products have been in the mid-tier, budget consumer segment. But with a leadership restructuring in the recent past, Micron, the parent company, is aiming to break that habit. The MX500 1TB is one of the steps […] The post Crucial MX500 1TB 3D NAND SATA 2.5 Inch Internal SSD (CT1000MX500SSD1) Reviewed appeared first on GeekLingo. View the full article
  24. Ever since 2015, Intel has been grabbing attention for their cutting-edge memory technology called 3D XPoint. Pronounced as “Cross Point,” it has been touted as the latest and greatest in the field of ultra-fast nonvolatile memory. After some delays, the enterprise-oriented server edition of 3D XPoint called the Optane SSD DC P4800X was released in […] The post Intel Optane SSD 900P 280GB AIC Reviewed appeared first on GeekLingo. View the full article
  25. Welcome KaridinaGal

Hi @KaridinaGal, welcome to SKF!
  26. Welcome Aric chang

Shrimp Keepers Forum welcomes Aric chang. Please feel free to browse around and get to know others. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask. View Member regards, skfadmin
  1. Load more activity