I joined the ranks of CRS owners today :o)

wot_fan

I decided I wanted to try to have a CRS colony more than to try breeding GBRs so I converted my planted GBR tank into a moss CRS tank.  After a little over a week of tank preparation, I added 8 CRS (supposed to be SS grade) to the tank this morning.

A huge thank you to Shrimpy Daddy who has been kind enough to answer my million and one questions as well as getting my order of SD products to me extremely quickly.  I have high confidence that my new shrimp will be happy in their home because of his help.  

I probably should have let them settle in a bit more before taking pictures but I couldn't help myself.  Below are shots of five of the eight shrimp.  The other three didn't feel like posing for me.  Can anyone sex any of these shrimp?

I think they look great especially considering that they were put in the tank only a few hours ago.  I would love to hear your opinions though.  This is the first time I have seen CRS in person.  I probably would be impressed with them regardless of their grade.

IMG_9201.jpgIMG_9172.jpgIMG_9184.jpgIMG_9186.jpgIMG_9187.jpgIMG_9192.jpg

Edited by wot_fan
  • Like 2

Congrats man!

I think the last one is female. The first one could be female. The others look male but I am sure other members will give you a better answer.

So far they look good but after a few days they should look better.

• Like 1

Congrats man!

I think the last one is female. The first one could be female. The others look male but I am sure other members will give you a better answer.

So far they look good but after a few days they should look better.

Thanks Disciple :D

That's great.  Hopefully I have at least 2-3 females.  I'll post pics of the 3 remaining shrimp as soon as I can get them to pose for me.  

You mean they may look even better?  I can't wait.  

Looks fantastic. This is my next step down the track and i too will be asking thousands of questions! Keep the pics coming.

• Like 1

Looking good mate. If you think you are excited now, just wait till they start breeding.

Thanks Larry & fishmosy.  I am going to wait a few days before taking any more pics.  That should give them a chance to de-stress and color up to their full potential.  I'll post any shots that turn out.

Looking good mate. If you think you are excited now, just wait till they start breeding.

I am really looking forward to my first batch of CRS shrimplets.  I enjoy watching my Rili shrimplets a lot and I have to believe that CRS shrimplets will be even cooler.  

This hobby is really addicting.  When I set up my Rili tank I had not intended to have a second shrimp tank until I had a thriving Rili colony.  Now I find myself trying to think of a place I could put a rack in the limited space I have in my home :lol:.

I am really looking forward to my first batch of CRS shrimplets.  I enjoy watching my Rili shrimplets a lot and I have to believe that CRS shrimplets will be even cooler.  

I can confirm that CRS shrimplets a pretty cool and I am sure with Shrimpy Daddy's advise you'll have a very nice colony soon.

Soon you'll want to try Tb's and PRLs lol

• Like 1

Their colouration will recover after the first moult. Have you feed them some Revive Minerals? It will boost their mineral level to survive the moult. If you have not done it, do it asap before they stop feeding to prepare for the moult. ;)

@shrimp daddy does that go for all shrimp (eg. cherrys) or just more the harder to keep shrimp?

@shrimp daddy does that go for all shrimp (eg. cherrys) or just more the harder to keep shrimp?

All shrimps. ;)

Their colouration will recover after the first moult. Have you feed them some Revive Minerals? It will boost their mineral level to survive the moult. If you have not done it, do it asap before they stop feeding to prepare for the moult. ;)

Yes, per the restart procedure I put 1 flat spoonful of Revive Minerals in the tank about 36 hours before the shrimp were added.  The procedure said to wait at least 24 hours.

Just to clarify. You add it after you add new shrimp or before?

Before, 36 hours before.   Should I add more now that shrimp are in the tank?

Yours is special case because of you were restarting a tank to become a shrimp tank, and you are adding new shrimp from seller. Hence, you should add the Revive Minerals after you added the shrimp. 

Revive Minerals disappear very fast. As such, it is safe for you to add now. 

Yours is special case because of you were restarting a tank to become a shrimp tank, and you are adding new shrimp from seller. Hence, you should add the Revive Minerals after you added the shrimp. 

Revive Minerals disappear very fast. As such, it is safe for you to add now. 

Should I add 1 flat spoonful or my normal dosing amount (0.4 of a spoon) from the dosing regime?

Great!! It looks like snowfall in the tank right? I always love to see them scatter around like snowfall.

Dang... I miss my snow life again. :( Maybe I will go Queenstown to re-live my snow life during summer of northern hemisphere.

Shrimp Daddy do you have a thread, blog on where are some good places to go in HK for shrimp? I go back and forth there a few times a year so would be interested in checking them out.

Great!! It looks like snowfall in the tank right? I always love to see them scatter around like snowfall.

Dang... I miss my snow life again. :( Maybe I will go Queenstown to re-live my snow life during summer of northern hemisphere.

LOL, yes it does look like snowfall.  The last of our snow just melted.  After the winter we had, I am glad to see it go :D.

Shrimp Daddy do you have a thread, blog on where are some good places to go in HK for shrimp? I go back and forth there a few times a year so would be interested in checking them out.

Are you looking for low-end or high-end shrimp? What's your budget like and what kind of shrimps?

LOL, yes it does look like snowfall.  The last of our snow just melted.  After the winter we had, I am glad to see it go :D.

I guess you are a sunny person, opposite of me. For me is "No snow, no life".

Are you looking for low-end or high-end shrimp? What's your budget like and what kind of shrimps?

A little bit of both. Not sure what the regulations are bringing shrimp back in to australia, but I am sure they would not be favourable. If I could mid-high end. Otherwise happy to look and take in the shrimp sights.

Not sure I am allowed to post shop's URL here. When you are about to go HK, PM me and I will send you the link. ;)

Forget bringing any in from overseas.

You'll end up on that tv show - "Border Security"

So, you are only limited to looking. Might as well look at high end in that case.

Not sure I am allowed to post shop's URL here. When you are about to go HK, PM me and I will send you the link. ;)

I think it's ok, since they are not competing with the local sponsors. 

It's a url for information only and where to visit when going overseas. So should be ok.

But a Mod can correct this if I'm mistaken.

We have certainly posted urls for overseas shops, like Alvin's Aquarist Chamber, or Green Chapter in Singapore.