Anaeflurane

Seachem/Aquavitro Aquasolum Soil

Anaeflurane

NEW PRODUCT ALERT!! Introducing aquasolum from aquavitro! aquasolum black humate is the perfect substrate for planted and shrimp aquariums. It is a clean, clay-based substrate that supports pH stability from neutral to slightly acid levels – the preferred levels of most planted or shrimp aquariums. It will not cloud or discolor water and actually, can aid in water clarity in many cases.

aquasolum’s non-compacting shape and porous structure allows for plant roots to grow easily and vigorously throughout it. For hatchling and very young shrimp, aquasolum provides secure hiding from predation of larger shrimp and fish.

Be on the lookout for aquasolum at your local fish store which will be hitting shelves soon!

Looks like Seachem wants some of our dirty dirty money :D

soil.jpg

Edited by Anaeflurane

riaanj

Has anybody used this before?

I really like seachem's products and this has just become available in South Africa so I'm thinking of getting some but I'd like some opinions first..

Thanks in advance..:cool:

jayc

Sorry, still have not seen it being sold here yet. 

No one has reviewed it. You might be the first to contribute to the community by reviewing it.

NoGi

I use inert substrate so can't really comment but would be good to get a review of this.

riaanj
15 hours ago, jayc said:

Sorry, still have not seen it being sold here yet. 

No one has reviewed it. You might be the first to contribute to the community by reviewing it.

Might be a while before I can review it, I have a goldfish in the tank I'll be using for my shrimp/plants now, so I have to get it's pond sorted first before I can convert the tank to shrimp/plants.

Ideally I'd have liked some info on the aquasolum before the conversion, to help my decision in purchasing it or not..

riaanj

OK, so I bought 2 bags of it in preparation for the tank conversion, it's Seachem, at the very least it must be ok I guess.

Sometime in the future when I set up the tank with the Aquasolum in it I will do a review of it..

daveron

Anyone had already experience with this substrate?

When searching for some information about this substrate, I reached information that it is supposed to contain a lot of Iron, Calcium, Manganese, Nitrogen and Phosphorus - which plants will most likely love, but what about shrimp ?

RagingWind92

I have seen these at my lfs, same bag for $20 us dollars. Haven't tried them yet, but i would love to hear someone's feedback about this substrate. I also saw Dennerle shrimp king substrate, which i think is new, because theres no reviews on it yet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• travellife
      By travellife
      Just received a new Fluval Flex 9 gallon which I'll be using for my Neocardina Davidi var. orange shrimpettes.  They are currently in a 1-1/2 gallon vase jarrarium with Aquasolum by Aquavitro substrate, live plants, no heater or filtration.  I have leftover Aquasolum substrate which I'm thinking of using again, either as a base substrate with sand or gravel cap or just by itself like I did in the jarrarium.  The reason I'm considering a cap is it's difficult to plant in and the cap could help with that.  I see Black Diamond sandblasting sand is popular but not eager about buying a 50lb bag and having to store the leftovers.  Or, just capping with regular old black gravel from the pet store.  I'm leaning towards using it by itself cause I'm not sure how a cap would look on the round Aquasolum pellets plus it is what the shrimp are used to, they were born in the vase.  Any suggestions from you pros much appreciated, this is my 1st foray into raising shrimp. 
      Here are some pics of their existing setup:  Shrimp Jarrarium Album

• Must Read SKF Articles

• Register today, ask questions and share your shrimp and fish tank experiences with us!

Join Our Community!

• Myola
      So here's the thing. I've got 6 bare-bottom neo tanks that have been chugging along just fine for quite a while now. There are lots of babies and it's extremely rare to have any deaths, even when I add new shrimp.  I use remineralised rain water that has been filtered through an RO. I stopped using substrates in the tanks after I had ongoing issues with it breaking down, and to be honest, I wouldn't go back. Now I want to start some caridina tanks for tangerine tigers, CRS and blue bolts but want to know if I can get away with bare bottoms in them too. My RO filtered rain water comes out at pH 5, and when I add Salty Shrimp 'Bee shrimp' minerals to give me a GH of 5, the pH goes up to around 5.8. Do I really need the buffering affects of a substrate if my water is already within an acceptable range for caridinas? 
    • jayc
      It must have been an aluminium heatsink. The Indium in Liquid metal will eat through aluminium. Only copper or nickel plated heatsinks can be used with liquid metal. It says so on the packet, at least my pack of Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut does.
    • jayc
    • kms
      I will try to add all the old tank's shrimps at the end of August to the new tank, had a problem with my chiller this morning, try to make it more efficient by adding a better heat sink grease, I added a liquid metal grease, apparently you can't add liquid metal, when heating up, the heat sink turning to dust, along with part of the cooler inlet and outlet. So far the shrimps are ok.    
    • sdlTBfanUK
      I have had the new shrimps a week and have ordered some new ones(10) for delivery friday. There are probably at least 6 of the 8 alive (they may even all be alive still) but as the tank is so densely planted it is difficult to tell, but I saw 2 black and 2 red this morning, as yesterday, but I'm sure 1 red and  1 black weren't the same as the ones I saw yesterday so there are probably at least 6, if that makes any sense??? Anyway that will be it for now and I will just let the tank and shrimps do there thing once this batch are in there in a couple of days, and I can get back to the usual routine as was, before this unfortunate event wiped out the last lot. All parameters are good, including the nitrates now, but there are a lot of brown patches on the plants and moss balls still......... It all looks a bit drab and uninspiring and brown!!! I probably just need to be a bit more patient? I will do some maintenance tomorrow and a small 2L water change, then the new shrimps will go in on friday after acclimatising. The shrimps were totally uninterested in the spinach or shrimp lolly I put in at the weekend but I am assuming they have so much biofilm at this stage that that is keeping them busy and well fed and they are staying under cover until they get used to their new environment and this strange ugly monster that keeps peering in at them through the glass from time to time? I guess if some 100ft tall bloke kept peering through my window a few times a day I would be a bit nervous/reserved shall we say? I removed the spinach and the shrimp lolly and put the shrimp lolly in the betta tank and within minutes there were 10 shrimp on it so there was definitely nothing wrong with that shrimp lolly! Simon